AWS Enterprise Sales, Games at Amazon
AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Spotify, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest game companies like Electronic Arts (EA), Supercell, Zynga, and Epic Games.
Video games are one of the largest forms of entertainment in the world, with 2 billion gamers playing a diverse range of games on PCs, mobile devices, and consoles. AWS is actively investing in this space and is looking to help game developers create games faster and easier. Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the AWS platform by engaging with companies and game developers building the next generation games? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as the leader in games?
The role requires a proven track record of successfully growing adoption of new technologies for developers, and engaging with executives, engineers, and other leaders within large companies. The ideal candidate will have a mixture of business and technical experiences that enables them to understand problems faced by the world's largest and most successful game companies. This person should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, then build and convey compelling value propositions that address customer needs. Ownership, drive, scrappiness, and a love of games are additional keys to success in this role.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical understanding that enables them to easily interact with producers, engineers, and architects. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
· 10+ years of game technology related sales or business development experience.
· Direct field and/or management experience in working with game developers
· History of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
· A technical background in the video game industry, engineering and/or computer science a plus.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Extensive customer network in the games industry.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Strong C-Suite engagement skills
· Proven track record of success driving adoption of disruptive technologies within developer accounts.
· Knowledge of on-premise utilization by games companies.
· Expect moderate travel.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.