Bid and Proposal Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing enterprise software company that is saving lives? RapidDeploy is hiring a Bid and Proposal Manager, based in our Austin, TX office.
Our mission is to reduce emergency response times and increase situational awareness for first responders. Our cloud-based emergency 9-1-1 dispatch platform and analytics software is the future of emergency response. In the last 12 months, we’ve signed major customers and have increased our recurring revenue more than twentyfold. In this new stage of growth, we’re looking for passionate, dedicated team members who will play a critical part in building the foundation of our team.
RapidDeploy is looking for a Bid and Proposal Manager to produce persuasive state, local, and federal proposal content for responses to RFO’s, RFP’s and manage the bid/proposal process. The Bid and Proposal Manager will work collaboratively with product, sales, and engineering to coordinate the bid process to ensure effective results are achieved.
What You’ll Be Doing At RapidDeploy:
- Manage the proposal creation process for RapidDeploy, and drive responses to RFPs (requests for proposal) and RFIs (requests for information) received from federal, state, and local organizations
- Develop and maintain compelling, persuasive RFP content with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, aligning RapidDeploy competitive positioning to customer needs.
- Respond to public sector solicitations in compliance with Public Sector administrative requirements.
- Maintain an inventory of outlines and standard response content, and tailor content to meet customer needs independently.
- Manage and collate multiple authors and content in a dynamic environment, including managing versions, reviews, updates, etc.
- Liaise with the Account Management team, Product, and RapidDeploy Leadership as needed to communicate strategic priorities and align those to customer-defined needs.
- Review, edit, and finalize proposals to deliver high-quality proposals; this includes proofreading for content, consistency, grammar, style, formatting, editing, document organization, tech editing, graphics creation, and meeting administrative requirements of the solicitation.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of professional technical writing experience
- Deep experience with responding to public sector solicitations
- Experience with, and high-level proficiency of, working with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Powerpoint
- Impeccable time management skills, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Effective and professional communication skills both written and verbal
- Technical Writing, Editing, and Content Development for Sales and Technical Documentation
- Ability to manage and collate multiple authors and content in a dynamic environment, including managing versions, reviews, updates, etc.
- Deep understanding of formatting, response organization, and ability to drive consistency across multiple authors
- Raised Series A financing from GreatPoint Ventures, Samsung NEXT & Tao Capital
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.