NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents and located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocateBusiness Development Associate
Who We Are
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch tools like MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Business Development Associate, come in.
About This Role
This job is all about building a pipeline for our software deals. You’ll be in charge of sourcing, vetting and negotiating every small business deal that lands on our deals page. If you’re a self-motivated hustler and goal digger, you’re exactly the kind of person we’re looking for!
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Crafting enticing emails to potential clients and introducing them to AppSumo
- Negotiating baseline deals
- Sourcing and vetting leads
- Building marketing partnerships for the Marketplace by connecting with SaaS founders via the phone
- Vetting inbound leads through phone calls
This is a unique role that requires drive and initiative — take action first, ask for forgiveness later. Our ideal candidate has:
- 1 year of sales development experience in the tech space
- Excellent written communication skills
- The ability to multitask and prioritize
- High standards — missing a goal isn’t an option for you and you go the 110%
In the first three months of this role, success means hitting your ramping quota in the first two months and the full quota on your third month
Who Thrives at AppSumo
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re just as good a fit for you. Here’s the kind of teammate we play well with:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. We have moved to a hybrid workplace where you can choose your best working environment.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)