Business Development Representative - Entry Level at Shipwell
Fresh off our Series A Venture Round ($10 Million), Shipwell believes we are fundamentally changing the logistics industry and breaking the mold for how the supply chain has been operated for centuries. We work with thousands of shippers and carriers to create the first real solution in logistics through an unmatched technology platform that enables everyone to ship like Amazon. With a fast-paced and gritty startup mentally, which is generating a buzz in the investment world, Shipwell provides a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a future Fortune 500 Company. We are backed by some of the best investors in both Silicon Valley and Austin who believe we are onto something and we need the right people to continue our rapid growth plan towards changing the world of freight.
We offer training for this entry-level role.Business Development Representative (Entry-Level)
The Business Development Representative (Entry Level) position at Shipwell provides the applicant an incredible opportunity to get started at one of the fastest growing startups in the country. If you love to be in first place, if you love a challenge, if you don’t back down from adversity and if you want to learn how to make a lot of money, this is the opportunity for you. We will train you and equip you with all the tools you need to learn the world of sales and you’ll be given the opportunity to make a big impact for the company and for your bank account. Once you are on the sales team, you will focus on building strong relationships across the country through unparalleled collaboration, elite communication, strategic negotiations and a leadership team who will stand behind you while you move up the ladder. This is an extremely high energy role met with a fast-paced environment where competitive folks will exceed even their own expectations in the hopes of exceeding ours.
WHEN YOU GET HERE YOU WILL
- Complete a 3-6 month training and professional development program
- Make outbound cold calls and lead generation
- Close new accounts and upsell existing accounts
- Work directly with logistic decision makers inside companies of every size around the US
- Problem-solve through any issues that occur before, during or after transit
- Negotiate rates and sell new prospects on working with Shipwell
- Serve as an expert consultant on transitioning traditional logistics into the modern era
- Provide domain knowledge and valuable insights internally and externally
- Close major accounts and help encourage peers
- Be responsible for your performance of the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree however not required
- A well-versed communicator with proficient technical skills
- A work ethic that is proved through either school or professional performance
- The ability to multi-task with elite prioritization to not lose sight of the ultimate objective to succeed
- The ability to demonstrate competitiveness through an environment where 1st place mattered (sports, school, job, life)
- Corporate headquarters in sunny Austin, TX
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company Sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Partial cell phone reimbursement
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Competitive salary + commission
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, have a voice
- Catered Lunches
View all our open positions at www.shipwell.com/careers
We’ve announced our Series A financing round! Read more on TechCrunch.
Shipwell is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Shipwell, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. We have pledged to create a diverse and culturally strong company and environment.