Business Development Representative
SOCi is the leading enterprise solution for social content discovery and social media marketing. Our next-generation, all-in-one social media SaaS platform utilizes a proprietary scoring algorithm to discover, evaluate, and rank social content, changing how enterprises, franchises, and affiliates market on social media to their target audiences. SOCi has a growing team of passionate, innovative, and fun people in both our San Diego, CA and Austin, TX offices.
- Qualifying leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Maintain a high level of activity while sourcing new sales opportunities through lead follow-up, outbound cold calling, and email
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, calls, and demonstrations
- Gain in-depth knowledge of our SaaS platform
- Understanding and resolving prospective client challenges/objections
- Tracking and reporting daily activities using Salesforce
- Identify client business pain points and educate potential clients on how SOCi can help leverage their social media
- Other tasks and duties as required
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- 2+ years of successful experience in high volume outbound cold calling
- Proven capabilities and skills in account development, opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call structure/control, and time management
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic to exceed goals
- High level of integrity and a strong commitment to building a successful company
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain control of conversation under pressure
Why you’ll love it here…
- Competitive salary!
- Flexible PTO and paid holidays!
- Work directly with SOCi executives and advisors.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Opportunity to make a difference and implement your ideas.
- Everyone is held to the highest standards, but we make sure to have fun, too!
- We have amazing customers (UPS, SportClips, Internet Brands, etc) who love our platform. Check us out on G2Crowd, Capterra or TrustPilot.
What's SOCi's culture like?
Our passionate team of SOCialites work in a convenient office location, (accessible to the greenbelt, with free parking). We have a casual dress environment (no suits and ties here), paid holidays, Flexible PTO, a comprehensive health & benefits package, quarterly team events, periodic potlucks, and daily office snacks, fresh fruit and coffee. Every new team member will be equipped with a MacBook and a full tech center at their desk to plug in and out of. Above all, you will get to work with a passionate team that loves to laugh--so you might want to make sure your GIF game is strong.
SOCi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.