Business Development Representative
Business Development Representative job description
Business Development Representative responsibilities include:
- Qualifying leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contacting potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Presenting our company to potential clients
Knoema is looking for a Business Development Representative to act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers for Knoema’s Professional and Enterprise Products.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers from first contact and work through discovery to understand fit. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth in a fast growing company.
- Qualify leads from email sign-ups and marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate Knoema products/services
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Sales Executives
- Report to the VP of Sales on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Development Rep, Inside Account Executive or similar role
- History of selling into the Data, Analytics, or Economics space preferred, but not required.
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls and marketing campaigns)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Copper or Salesforce)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations and value propositions
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field preferred but not required
Knoema is the most comprehensive source of global decision-making data in the world. Our tools allow individuals and organizations to discover, visualize, model, and present their data and the world’s data to facilitate better decisions and better outcomes.
Knoema users have access to the most comprehensive collection of global decision-making data in the world. Knoema hosts more than 2.2 billion time series published by more than 1,000 sources. Our team curates this ever-evolving database from authoritative sources to help capture emerging social, economic, financial, political, and industry-specific topics and trends.
We recognized early on at Knoema that the challenge professionals face isn’t just finding the data they need, it’s making that data actionable. The Knoema team creates online tools to allow individuals and organizations to discover, visualize, model, and present their data alongside the world’s data. These tools include easy and useful resources for comparison, visualization and presentation, as well as a comprehensive set of applications for advanced analysis, including indexing and correlation testing.
Learn more at Knoema.com