Cart.com is an ecommerce software and services company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands move faster, grow more quickly, and deliver on their promises more completely.
As a member of the Business Development team, you will focus on identifying, evaluating, and executing on new partnerships to build long term value across customers and markets. The ideal candidate must enjoy applying new technologies and data to identify areas of value and deliver solutions to partners. You will work cross functionally and collaboratively with internal and external parties to solve industry challenges.
Cart.com is looking for a candidate who can form a close partnership with leaders and other departments within the organization. Successful candidates should have strong writing, communication, analytical, organizational, process improvement skills, and a passion for driving sales operational excellence.
- Connect with prospects, generating leads for our field sales teams
- Build new business for Cart.com and nurture our existing customer base to uncover additional revenue opportunities
- Advanced prospecting within your target market – identification and multi-channel persona based engagement with our buyers through the phone, email and social media
- Opportunity qualification and handover to the sales organization. BDR ownership of the opportunity until the handover takes place and validation of the business case in the CRM
- Tight alignment with the Marketing & Sales organizations to build the value proposition and be relevant to our prospects and customers. Feedback loop on what works and market intelligence gathered every day from our buyers
- Achieving your daily KPIs to build a sustainable pipeline and focus on quality. Quantity is nothing without quality!
- A successful candidate should be a driven, creative, self-starter and strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with positive and energetic phone presence.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous outbound sales experience.
- An understanding of SaaS Products.
- Demonstrated ability to effortlessly manage competing priorities.
- Bias for execution and delivering results.
- Knowledge of selling tools: Salesforce, Salesloft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Expertise in sales methodologies such as IMPACT, BANT and MEDDPICC.
OUR CORE VALUES:
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They are on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BRANDS
We live for brands and are fanatical about their success.
WE THINK BEYOND THE BOX
We explore new ideas and discover creative solutions. We think openly about how to serve brands and solve problems.
WE DON'T GIVE UP
No one expected this to be easy. We are resilient— we dig in and keep going.
WE SPEAK UP
Every person here has an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer their perspective.
WE WORK TOGETHER
We work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
WE ARE HUMAN
Our people are our biggest strength. We have fun and make real connections with one another and with the brands we serve.
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.