Customer Success Manager-Support Operations Management at Self Financial
About the job
Self Financial is looking for a Customer Success Manager for Support Operations Management, you will be responsible for managing a team providing high quality support for our customers. You will work hand in hand with your peers to make sure the day-to-day operations of Customer Success run efficiently and effectively. You will engage daily with the Customer Success leadership team to make sure we are well aligned for your team's needs and quality metrics. You will coach your direct reports to improve their performance on day-to-day responsibilities, as well as grow your teams’ skill sets and impact. You will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to improve our front-end product experience and build better tools for our Customer Success teams while partnering with Product Operations. You will work in a highly collaborative yet autonomous environment where we celebrate our customer's successes and thrive on reaching our own internal goals. This role is located in Austin, TX. and may be eligible for remote work.
Who We Are
Self is a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. Our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan. If you are passionate about helping others become financially secure, we want to chat with you
What You Will Do
- Manage a team of 4+ Team Leads, each responsible for skills-based Tier 1/Tier 2 support across the omni-channel (phone, chat, email). Each Team Lead is responsible for a team of 7-20 team members (full-time, part-time) based on the team’s areas of responsibilities.
- Manage the overall day to day operations of the team to reach KPI targets and lead a highly efficient and effective team that delivers the highest quality CSAT/NPS.
- Partner with the outsourcing leadership team (in house and with our vendor) to make the escalation process smooth and effortless from Tier 1 to Tier 2 Support as we continue to enable additional Tier 1 support queues across the omni-channel.
- Collaborate with your peers and Customer Success leadership to enable the team to reach or exceed KPI targets (at both team and sub-team levels) and deliver the highest quality CSAT/NPS.
- Provide regular feedback to improve individual performance and personal growth at the Team Lead and Specialist roles. Perform quality review analysis for your team through collaboration with the Training and Quality Control Team.
- Be the voice of the customer to your cross-functional stakeholders to drive product and tool improvements.
- Recruit and lead hiring of new team members. Own all HR aspects for your team, including performance improvement planning.
- Report KPI successes and challenges to the leadership team. Report metrics on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
What You Bring
- 10+ years management experience in a high volume customer support, call center or customer success management role required. FinTech experience preferred.
- Managed teams of at least 40+ team members overall
- Critical thinker. Problem solver. Team builder.
- Proven ability to turn disgruntled customers or detractors into delighted customers and promoters
- Experience working with outsourcing vendors ideal
- Strong business problem solving instincts
- High EQ and ability to build rapport with team members and stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to adapt in a fast-moving, startup environment
- Salesforce.com Service Cloud knowledge strongly preferred.
- Comfortable collaborating with and managing a team that is remote during COVID
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent, and respectful. We hope you embrace that approach!
Benefits and Perks:
· Stock options
· Quarterly bonuses
· Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
· Flexible vacation policy
· Educational assistance
· Free Gym membership
· Free at-home workout through Sworkit
· Casual dress code
· Team happy hours and events
· Remote work arrangements/ Flexible work schedule
· Monthly $100 COVID stipend
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.