Customer Success Manager for Training, Vendor & Quality Control Management at Self Financial
Self Financial is looking for a Customer Success Manager for Training, Vendor & Quality Control Management. You will be responsible for managing and overseeing the vendor providing Tier 1 level support for our customers as well as leading training and quality control overall for the Self Customer Success team. You will work hand in hand with your peers to make sure the day-to-day operations of Customer Success run efficiently and effectively. You will engage daily with the Customer Success leadership team to make sure we are well aligned for your team's needs and quality metrics. You will coach your direct reports to improve their performance on day-to-day responsibilities, as well as grow your teams’ skill sets and impact. You will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to improve our front-end product experience and build better tools for our Customer Success teams while partnering with Product Operations. You will work in a highly collaborative yet autonomous environment where we celebrate our customer's successes and thrive on reaching our own internal goals. This role is located in Austin, TX. and may be eligible for some remote work.
Who We Are
Self is a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. Our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan. If you are passionate about helping others become financially secure, we want to chat with you
What You Will Do
- Manage the day to day operations and oversee the vendor relationships as they ramp to provide Tier 1 level support across the omni-channel.
- Manage our Training & Quality Control Specialist team to drive continuous improvement across our overall team, involving onboarding and vendor enablement, and ongoing training
- Manage the day to day operations of our mail operations team, located in our HQ including procurement and mail handling (check processing, printing, mailing, scanning, etc)
- Partner with peers to meet or exceed KPI targets and lead a highly efficient and effective team that delivers the highest quality CSAT/NPS
- Be the voice of the customer to your cross-functional stakeholders to drive product and tool improvements
- Recruit and lead hiring of new team members. Own all HR aspects for your team, including performance improvement planning.
- Report KPI successes and challenges to the leadership team. Report metrics on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
What You Bring
- 10+ years working in online operations, customer support, or financial technology industry required
- 5+ years of experience people management experience required
- 4+ years of experience working with outsourcing vendors required
- Must have been in a high-volume support/call center/customer success role previously
- Strong business problem solving instincts
- High EQ and ability to build rapport with team members and stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to adapt in a fast-moving, startup environment
- Salesforce.com Service Cloud knowledge strongly preferred.
- You must be located in the Austin, Texas area and be comfortable working in an office environment practicing social distancing during COVID. Comfortable managing a team that is remote during COVID. Comfortable managing a team that is distributed worldwide as part of our vendor management.