Director of Inside Sales
If you love the fast pace and high energy of the Austin start-up scene and have at least 3 years experience leading sales teams to CRUSHING numbers in the SMB business solutions space, then ScaleFactor may be a perfect career fit for you as a Director of Inside Sales - New Business. You'll love running alongside a team of intelligent, dedicated professionals, collaborating to solve challenging operations problems for our customers with ScaleFactor industry-leading Saas. This is a leadership role in a high velocity, high energy sales environment. If that sounds like you, let's talk!
DIRECTOR OF INSIDE SALES - NEW BUSINESS
- CRUSH SAAS NUMBERS! Your Saas sales teams crush their numbers! You are a smart, driven, and agile sales leader with at least 3 years of successful sales leadership experience selling the value of business automation in the cloud, particularly for SMBs. You're a player-coach, a great leader-follower, and lead from the front.
- KNOW THE SMALL BUSINESS MARKET. May be you've sold to small businesses for years, or may be you've run a business yourself. You are intimately knowledgable about the financial operations of a small company (specifically, making payroll, invoicing customers, paying the bills, managing cash flow).
- NO STRANGER TO HIGH GROWTH START-UPS. You're a Builder and a Scaler. You know it's more fun to build a great company than it is to join one. Your network and track-record demonstrates previous success at building high-performance organizations and great company culture. You understand the high velocity sales process inside and out, and can put sales methodologies, management systems, incentive compensation, rewards, and dashboards in place to get the team to achieve high performance quickly. You are visionary - you can see the shape of things to come, and are an active collaborator in bringing a great organization to reality
- YOU UNDERSTAND SMALL BUSINESS. You're a business problem-solver. Your background and experience has developed great business acumen, so you are able to teach your reps to be consultative business advisors to their customers, at scale. You're experienced at hiring, training, onboarding, motivating, compensating, metric'ing sales teams in a high velocity sales environment
- Build your team: hire, train, on-board, mentor, motivate, metric, enable, and coach sales reps, 1-on-1 and as a team
- Strategically manage your team's territory towards long-term success in the relentless pursuit of crushing quota
- Collaborate heavily with Team ScaleFactor on marketing campaigns, onboarding efforts, customer support, and joint selling with partners, to ensure each prospect feels the ScaleFactor difference
- Drive initiatives to prospect new business in your target accounts utilizing all the resources available to you to augment your own prospecting activities
- Work with your team on building compelling business case for your target accounts to use ScaleFactor, based on a thorough discovery and needs analysis
- Teach sales reps to quickly build a business case and compelling events based on the customer's specific business case, build Close Plans around those events to guide the internal team and forecast, and gain customer validation of next steps, dates, and plans with your prospects via a Joint Execution Plan
- Provide accurate forecasts through impeccable use of CRM and other systems to maintain sales dashboards up-to-date
- Hone your craft. Consistently deepen the team's expertise in ScaleFactor products and solutions, seek out faster, more effective, and easier ways for ScaleFactor achieve outstanding results and make our customers’ lives better
- Minimum 3-5 years demonstrated successful sales management experience selling solutions to small business, or equivalent, including significant exposure in business technology (ie Saas). Above all else - you build teams that crush their numbers!
- Excellent knowledge of salesforce.com, pipeline management, incentive compensation plans, forecasting, and preparing executive level dashboards
- Demonstrate the ability to build a vibrant sales culture full of infectious positive energy and built on integrity. Creativity and flexibility are the keys to add value in a rapidly changing start-up.
- Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher, or equivalent sales management experience
- You currently live in Austin, TX or planning to relocate ASAP.
- MBA a plus
- Intimate knowledge of small business operations & finance (accounting, reporting, AP, AR, Payroll, Invoicing, etc.)
- Come work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2017 & 2018 - enjoy an amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- Competitive incentive compensation package
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Unlimited cold brews (Cuvee coffee) & snacks
- Dog and cat friendly offices located in hip East Austin
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your complete application online!
- Your one-page resume highlighting your education and experience which qualifies you for this role