Director of Sales, Corporate Solutions at Blackbaud
Blackbaud is looking for a charismatic growth-oriented leader to lead our Corporate Solutions sales team. This Director of Sales will be responsible for sales performance, assist with technology development for our Corporations products, interact with top customers and assist with their needs, and policy development and governance. Your team will work cross functionally with Sales Engineering, Product Management, Finance, Legal, and Professional Services designed to help your selling success and ensure customer satisfaction. Blackbaud has ambitious goals and you’ll be challenged to think strategically in order to retain and win new business as well as grow and deepen customer relationships in the Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Foundations space.
This role reports directly to the President of our Corporate Solutions Business Unit and will also be a member of the BU Senior Leadership Team, helping to run the business overall. A key requirement of the successful leader will be to dramatically scale the current sales organization through increased hiring and productivity. Expansion of our sales efforts into our International Market Group will be an exciting opportunity for the successful leader.
- Developing and executing a sales plan that supports short and long term goals
- Setting expectations with senior sales management through timely and accurate forecasting, pipeline and sales activity reporting
- Supporting sale professionals, as required, during any stage of the sales cycle: lead generation, qualification, evaluation, and close
- Motivating individuals to succeed through impassioned leadership, coaching, development of creative sales incentives, and broadcast of results
- Internalizing and delivering the value proposition clearly and persuasively to a variety of different audiences, including C-Level executives
- Developing a deep understanding of the product offering, customer need, and competitive landscape
- Work with customers on their needs and build a pipeline of new customers.
- Manage retention and reviews for Corp & Foundations
- Ownership of revenue numbers for Corp & Foundations
- Manage staff of 25+ Sales professionals
- 10+ years of software sales experience with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience managing successful sales teams (SaaS is a plus)
- Proven record of sales success in a similar enterprise software application environment. Ability and track record of driving business in a strategic manner for demand generation
- Experience navigating complex sales cycles with large enterprise customers
- Experience working with ROI, cost modeling and other quantitative techniques to educate and persuade buyers
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree but MBA preferred
- Experience with nonprofits, foundations or corporate social responsibility programs is highly preferred