Inside Sales Specialist at Hippo Insurance
Role: Inside Sales Specialist
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To: Sales Manager
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily.
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
About This Role
Hippo is looking for an experienced Personal Lines Insurance Agent to join our exciting and quickly expanding team. As an Inside Sales Specialist (or Insurance Sales Agent) you will help prospective clients secure Homeowners coverage as a trusted advisor.
No lead generation is required! Exceptional client support is a must. You must be able to positively contribute to an office environment, interface with clients via internet, phone and email, and communicate effectively and efficiently through both outbound and inbound calls.
- 3+ years of sales experience
- A Texas General Lines - Agent Property and Casualty license is required!!!
- Experience quoting multiple lines of insurance is a plus
- Associate’s Degree or relevant experience
- Exceptional client support is a must
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.