What we do:
TrendKite, named one of Austin’s Top Workplaces by the American-Statesman, is at the forefront of a communications revolution. TrendKite, now a part of Cision, is a martech company focused on building software to help the world's biggest brands generate, amplify, and measure the impact of their communications.
Thousands of the world’s top brands, including Google, Patagonia, Nokia, Marriott, and Hershey rely on TrendKite to manage their digital PR process. The TrendKite platform takes PR and communications programs from analog to digital, enabling marketing teams to integrate their trusted earned media results into all their marketing efforts.
We’re looking for a performance-oriented, data-driven Manager of Sales Development, with a proven track record of success to exceed quotas and achieve new heights. The Sales Development team is the engine that powers TrendKite’s triple-digit growth, so this is a critical role.
What you'll do:
- Lead a high-velocity Sales Development team in prospecting, cold-calling, outreach, and setting demos
- Own and exceed the demo and revenue quota for your team
- Motivate, coach, and inspire team members while helping them grow as individuals and as business people
- Guide Sales Development Representatives through the career path (typically to our sales organization)
- Analyze, report on, and continually optimize Sales Development team output. This requires you to be skilled in Salesforce, Outreach.io, Zoominfo, LinkedIn, and good old-fashioned Excel pivot tables
- Optimize each team member’s pipeline as though it were a sales funnel, identifying weak points and teaching strategies to maximize results
- Partner with sales reps and managers to ensure ideal demo handoff and follow-up
- Combine knowledge of industry best practices with an openness to try new things to ensure that we’re always learning and maximizing team output
- Train and accelerate ramp time of new hires, then provide ongoing training and coaching
- Assist in recruiting and hiring to ensure we're bringing in top talent
Here's what we're looking for:
- Proven track record of performance as a successful MDR/SDR at a high growth company
- At least 1 year of experience managing a high-velocity lead generation team at a technology company
- Positivity and desire to uplift and share knowledge with those around you
- Experience in a SaaS recurring revenue model
- Willingness to "get in the trenches", roll up your sleeves and show the team how to do the work
- Mentorship and coaching experience/methodology that you're willing to share
- Stellar communication skills both over the phone and in writing
- Ability to forecast and articulate past forecasting
- 4 year Bachelor's degree preferred
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (We will not sponsor at this time)
Bonus if you have:
- Past start up experience
- Experience in or a strong understanding of Public Relations
- Sold to midsize and large companies
- Experience with monthly (or shorter) and non-transactional sales cycles
- Hubspot experience and/or Hubspot’s Inbound Certification
A quick reminder, we may not be for you if:
- You haven't managed a high performance Sales Development team before or you're looking to "try management out"
- You need the predictable and highly-processed structure of a larger organization
- Your first instinct in answering a question is to lean on instinct or anecdote rather than data
Consistently named one of the best places to work in Austin, TrendKite employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group!
We build digital PR software for communications, PR and marketing professionals. Digital PR is an exciting, dynamic space with tremendous growth potential. As PR becomes increasingly digital, the entire industry is evolving very quickly, and we’re here to help our customers stay ahead of those changes.
At TrendKite, we pride ourselves on working together as one team, while pushing ourselves and each other to always be improving. We put our customers first in all the decisions we make. Our values are foundational to who we are as a company and drive every decision we make as we continue to build a high-growth business without losing sight of what got us here - our employees and our customers.
We’re headquartered in Austin, with offices in London and Atlanta. We offer a number of great benefits and perks to all our employees, and are always striving to make TrendKite a better place to work every day. Join us!
TrendKite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.