WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
nCino Principal Solution Architect is responsible for driving the design, development and maintenance of on-premises and cloud native applications. Actively drives improvement of SDLC, Engineering, and DevOps practices. Drives the development of both front-end and back-end solutions. Designs, develops and maintains solutions, and provides technical guidance to other Team Members. Drives creation of SDLC, Architecture, Design and Coding standards. Identifies complex business problems and participates in generating solutions. Actively drives identification of performance issues, analyzes root causes and participates in performance improvement activities. Actively ensures compliance with internal and external compliance requirements. Actively documents and communicates problems, designs and solutions.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Drive design and development strategies for cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
- Drive performance analysis; plan and execute activities for performance tuning, monitoring, deployment and production support
- Accountable for identifying opportunities to simplify architectures and vendor dependencies
- Recommend rationalization opportunities throughout the portfolio of applications and systems
- Guide the team on CI/CD best practices and establish patterns
- Drive collaboration with business partners, architects and other team members to solve complex technical problems
- Collaborate with multiple, enterprise-wide distributed teams to deliver capabilities driving towards positive business outcomes
- Own the domain strategy and design of API's for Omni-channel clients
- Provide technical guidance and governance over team members and solution architects
- Provide architectural expertise senior member of a project
- Mentor team members on architectural best practices
- Own the review and governance of solution designs ensuring its meet technical specifications
- Own and publish domain specific standards and contribute to enterprise design, coding and testing standards
- Ensure compliance with security standards and where applicable assist in raising, documenting and requesting exceptions
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 12+ years of software development experience including UI as well as middle tier and backend
- Minimum of 7+ years of solution architecture
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience Cloud Solution Architecture Experience (Azure a plus)
Skills and Knowledge
- 5+ years nCino experience (Certification preferred) including nCino Platform Development, UI and Layouts, Communities
- At least 10 years of experience in IT including experience and familiarity with a broad array of technology tools, platforms and products and complex implementations
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience Microservices Architecture
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing REST APIs
- Minimum 2 years of experience designing in the context of workflows and rules
- Experience designing using containers and container orchestration platform (AKS) plus
- Minimum of 3+ year of experience designing asynchronous/ event driven as well as synchronous systems
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with databases and data modeling / design (SQL and NoSQL plus)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience incorporating security into the application architecture
- Experience working in fully DevOps enabled environment
- Experience with developing architecture, coding standards and patterns
- Large application design and implementation experience including architecture and design of modern web, mobile, and integration (cloud/on-premises) platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, and analytical skills is required.
- Extensive experience with Agile development methodology including Scrum, XP, FDD, TDD, and SAFe.
- Extensive experience with API management toolsets, DevOps, server infrastructure, network infrastructure, caching methodologies, information security, and database technologies
- Proven track record in generating alternative solution approaches and driving a pragmatic trade-off solution
- Proven track record of optimizing the development activities with a strong focus on DevOps and automation
- Significant experience documenting solution designs using a variety of approaches (e.g. using UML)
- Solid Experience with DDD, TDD and BDD - ability to direct and guide the team through these approaches
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and evaluate for fitness into a specific business context through POCs and other evaluations
- Ability to develop a culture of peer reviews of artifacts and activities across the SDLC. Deep experience with reviewing code and suggesting refactorings for performance, quality and maintainability and other attributes
- Ability to govern domain specific API architectures. Experienced in designing APIs, scaling and securing them. Ability to integrate with internal and external systems and secure those integrations
- Experience in driving integration of systems and applications with CRM systems like Salesforce
- Ability to operate and guide the team in all areas of the technology stack - front, middle tier and the backend
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and evaluate for fit into a specific business context through POCs and other evaluations - ability to orchestrate POCs and evaluations
- Experience with AI, ML and data driven architectures
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.