Outbound Inside Sales Representative at ShipStation
ShippingEasy moved from Sydney, Australia to Austin in late 2012 and quickly won over thousands and thousands of eCommerce merchants.
30K+ online sellers now use ShippingEasy and rave about both our product and service!
While it still feels like a start-up in terms of hardworking folks with a common mission, we thankfully are not struggling with processes and wondering about payroll these days! If you like the idea of joining a local tech start-up with a stand-out culture, endless friendships and a day to day job that you’ll seriously enjoy – read on.
The first question we get is – “what will I be doing day today?” We think you’ll like the answer.
After a comprehensive training program run by sales leaders that care, you will share your knowledge of eCommerce, fulfillment and shipping, inventory and customer management with online sellers eager for your expertise. If you’re like most of our new team members, you’ll probably start with none of that knowledge. That’s okay by us (if you have it, consider it a bonus…not a requirement). Count on us to teach you. You’ll go from a novice in an industry that matters (eCommerce is currently 18% of retail sales and growing) to a genuine expert in this sales role. Oh, and you’ll have heaps of fun along the way with like-minded colleagues eager for your energy and perspective.
The Environment (Well, before we get in to work)
We’re not a boiler room or a call center with 60 people piled on top of each other competing for the same 6 jobs. We hire in small groups of 4-5 and then invest in training, knowledge building and integrating you into our kick-ass team. If you get the job, you’ll get a base salary on day 1 – PLUS commission. We get that you have rent to pay, groceries to buy and gas to get yourself here. Every offer we make is for keeps! Oh, and there is plenty of room for growth within our sales team with opportunities to join our Strategic Acquisition, Partner Channel and Platform Sales teams.The Company
The next question we hear is “What is this company?”. That’s an easy one because we have lots of people helping us to tell that story – see below. From our perspective, it’s a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. We’ve expanded our offering from just shipping to include Inventory and Customer Management, making us a full-fledged platform for eCommerce sellers! The leadership team is super transparent and engages every last employee in the strategy, objectives, targets – and results. You’ll learn as much about building a business as you will about sales and eCommerce. Every Friday you’ll join our 10 minutes stand up where you’ll learn what’s new, what’s working, what needs help and more. Then, on a monthly basis, you’ll participate in a Business Update where you’ll get to see the numbers and progress at work. You’ll genuinely feel part of this company! We don’t believe in cogs.
The Person: What are we looking for?
We are looking for a go-getter. A communicator. An advocate. A quick study. If you enjoy working alongside driven, hard-working, accountable people with a desire to WIN – this just might be the place for you. We are constantly learning new sales techniques and methods, and even have a sales university book club where you can learn and exchange ideas with others. You can expect to work hard, learn a business from the ground up and have fun while doing it. Our Sales team has tremendous influence – it drives the revenue for the company. Expect to get a little bit spoiled. You’ll work in an open plan office with a great vibe, endless natural light, and a constructive, cohesive team. It’s a happy place!
Interested? Don’t miss the 3 questions at the end!
In addition to sending your resume, there are 3 questions at the end of this posting–those are a must. Incomplete applications will not be considered—sorry, we want people who are willing to invest a bit in getting noticed.
- Reach out to online sellers (primarily warehouses and fulfillment centers) to learn about their current shipping.
- Prospect using phone, email, video, social and other modern means of reaching potential buyers
- Consult with these sellers and evaluate their needs
- Share the portfolio approach (ShipWorks, ShipStation, ShippingEasy, and ShipEngine) in a compelling way through phone, email, live demo presentations
- Work closely with our Customer Success team to deliver a successful onboarding for the customer
- Always be learning new sales techniques and product features
- Have a positive, fun, energetic attitude daily
- Sales experience preferred but not required
- Outgoing and ambitious personality
- Ability to learn quickly
- Great work ethic
- Strong verbal communication
- Organized, independent, resourceful and diligent
- Open and receptive to coachable and feedback
- Willing and able to implement coaching and feedback- Be a student, Become an expert!
- The opportunity to help build a company from the ground up
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Weekly happy hour
- Snacks, drinks and an all-round upbeat environment
- 401k plan with a match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Building with free covered parking, on-site gym, and food trucks
- Open plan office where the leaders slow down to teach, mentor and make sure we build something special