Popdock is a software reporting tool that allows small and medium businesses to access all of their data, across all of their applications, all in one single reporting app. PopDock is not another BI tool, but rather it is anti BI, in that we believe that everyone in a business needs better access to the data they need to do their job, and Popdock provides that data where and when they need it.
We are looking for someone to become our product evangelist. The successful applicant will learn more about Popdock than anyone, and will become the world’s foremost expert on this tool.
The ideal candidate has some or all of these attributes:
1. Experience with business data reporting tools
2. Understands business data and the flow of business data
3. Has experience working with business productivity software
4. Is willing to learn Popdock and help drive development direction
5. An understanding of software API’s
The role is a brand-new position and the responsibilities will evolve along with our product roadmap. Your initial responsibilities will include:
1. Developing an understanding of the business data users need on a daily basis
2. Building reporting templates for any of our 60 API connectors
3. Assisting with documentation and instructional articles
4. Recording demonstration videos
5. Following up with prospects and helping them buy
The role will quickly evolve into a customer facing role that will include:
1. Coaching new customers through their beta experiences
2. Taking feedback from customers and reporting this back to the product dev team
3. Educating and inspiring customer during their trial periods
4. Presales activities including software demonstrations
5. Managing any customer concerns and escalations
6. Writing case studies
7. Building relationships with the vendors of software we support
We need a confident self-starter that can own this role, with limited supervision. If you need a manager then this role is not for you. You are technical enough to understand how API’s work, and at the same time you know how much fun it is to inspire a customer to purchase via a great demo. This initial role will set you up to choose your future path with Popdock be that on a technical or a sales track. You are a hands on ‘doer’ and will not be precious about the things you are asked to do. We are a small team and in a startup you get to do a little bit of everything.