Sales Account Executive I, Prospecting - Nonprofit EMG Team
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role
We are actively seeking a Prospecting Account Executive I who will be responsible for developing and closing NEW sales opportunities within the Not-for-Profit (NFP) sector. You will serve as key contact and liaison between Blackbaud and potential clients during the initial sales process by generating leads and closing deals over the phone and via the Internet. The ideal candidate should be results-oriented, possess outstanding customer facing skills, and have a proven track record selling CRM/SaaS or Fundraising software solutions from the ground up.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reaching and exceeding monthly, quarterly and yearly sales targets
- Selling modules, training, and related services to new or existing nonprofit clients in a defined geographic territory
- Establishing and maintaining key account relationships
- Serving as prospective clients' main point of contact and working with other departments as needed to provide answers and service
- Providing return on investment (ROI) solutions in the form of product and service proposals
- Continuously updating and maintaining active deals for pipeline management, daily activity and forecast data
- Utilizing Salesforce automation tool
- Staying abreast of changes in NFP markets which impact products or services
What we'll want you to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four year college is required
- 1-2 years of successful sales experience is required - selling experience in an IT environment is highly desired; software sales preferred
- Proficiency with the Internet, MS Office, and other software is required
- Must possess superior communication skills with the ability to make clear, compelling and value-focused sales presentations
- A strong work ethic and goal-oriented attitude is required
- Experience working with nonprofits is desired
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.