Sales Development Representative - SaaS
Sales Development Representative - SaaS ABOUT US
At Shipwell, we believe every business should be able to deliver customer delight through seamless freight shipping, just like Amazon. Freight is a complex world that Shipwell is making easier for shippers, carriers, and third-party logistics companies. We work with thousands of shippers and carriers to solve their biggest freight challenges with an unmatched technology platform leveraging smart automation and a team of freight professionals. Shipwell is turning the supply chain industry on its head and advancing the way freight has been operating for centuries. Backed by the best investors in Silicon Valley and Austin, Shipwell is poised to dominate freight tech with a fast-paced and gritty startup mentality. Join us, get in on the ground floor of a future Fortune 500 company, and be a part of the future of freight!
Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Representative is a key player in growing Shipwell through assisting in pipeline development and enhancing brand awareness. This entry-level sales position is the starting point for a promising career in sales for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) technologies. Each Sales Development Representative is equipped for success with world-class training on our sales methodology and prospecting along with continued mentoring with peers and sales leadership. Ideal candidates for this role are confident, ambitious self-starters seeking to showcase their potential and who want to add value to the company.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
- Prospecting into targeted lists by building relationships to develop new sales opportunities from cold or inactive accounts
- Outbound telephone-based prospecting for Shipwell’s SaaS Technology Platform
- Maintain a call volume of 75-100 calls per day with the intent to qualify key leads and create a pipeline for the software sales team
- Update and maintain Sales database as appropriate, including new lead data discovery tied to achieving team and personal goals
- As a part of our Marketing team, you will collaborate within the department to target key leads and conduct concentrated campaigns and forward-thinking outreach
- Report on weekly results, both qualitative and quantitative
- Expand knowledge of the industry as well as the competitive posture of the company
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Recent college graduate or 1+ year of work experience
- A positive, can-do attitude!
- An exceptional level of drive and passion for results
- Willingness to learn new skills and build a career in sales
IT WOULD BE REALLY COOL IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with G Suite for business
- Experience with the use of customer relationship management databases such as HubSpot
- Prior sales experience
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Corporate headquarters in sunny Austin, TX
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, have a voice
View all our open positions at www.shipwell.com/careers
We’ve announced our Series A financing round! Read more on TechCrunch.
Shipwell is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Shipwell, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. We have pledged to create a diverse and culturally strong company and environment.