Sales Director, Subscriber Acquisition
ActiveProspect is a marketing SaaS company for online lead acquisition, enabling real-time data decisions. The product suite (LeadConduit, TrustedForm and SuppressionList) handles integrations, data verification, data enhancement, and consent documentation for legal compliance (TCPA). ActiveProspect has processed over 1 billion Internet leads for leading brands across a wide range of industries. Founded in 2004, ActiveProspect is headquartered in Austin, TX.
ActiveProspect is seeking an experienced sales leader for our subscriber acquisition vertical. ActiveProspect currently has a variety of big brand customers who use our platform to efficiently and safely acquire opt-in email subscribers. Your role will be to expand our footprint in this category. You should have a thorough understanding of email marketing and the various methods used to acquire new subscribers including opt-in advertising, Facebook Lead Ads, co-registration, etc. As the vertical lead, you will be responsible for all aspects of growing the vertical including sales, partnerships, marketing, and events. Successful candidates will be experts at developing champion relationships, telling a complex and powerful value proposition story, and end-to-end pipeline and relationship management including expanding and upselling.
ActiveProspect was just named one of the 100 Best Places to Work by Built In Austin! Sound exciting? Great, read on!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Revenue. You will own all new customer development activities and quota achievement for the vertical, including expanding relationships with existing customers.
- Strategy. You will be responsible for defining and executing the strategy for your vertical. You will track competition and help position our offering for the vertical.
- Industry Research. Maintain expertise in your verticals. You will constantly be talking to people in the vertical - lead buyers, lead sellers, and service providers to constantly improve your understanding of the landscape. You will follow industry trade publications.
- Education and training. As the company expert on your vertical, you will provide expertise and training to others in the company as needed.
- Forecasting. You will be responsible for sales forecasting and detailed pipeline management for the vertical.
- Marketing. You will be responsible for defining the marketing needs for your vertical. Working with the marketing team, you will create highly targeted marketing content that speaks to the needs of your prospects.
- Events & Trade Shows. You will track the various industry trade shows and select the appropriate events for the company that you will attend.
- Partnerships. You will identify and execute partnerships with the appropriate companies in your vertical.
- Long term focus. You will focus on strategic deals to help us gain long-term adoption in the vertical.
- Maintain Relationships. Build and maintain relationships with key contacts in the industry. You will know who our customers are in the vertical and maintain relationships with them. Provide partner recommendations to customers and potential customers.
- Product Development. You will push for the features needed in your vertical and provide insight on the needs to the rest of the team.
- Client Success. Work closely with the client success team as partners to grow the vertical.
- Spokesperson. You will be an ambassador for the company, our technology and the thought leadership that we are creating in the industry.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in email marketing and online lead generation space preferred.
- Five years of complex enterprise SaaS selling experience.
- Ability to show consistent achievement of enterprise sales quota .
- Experience managing enterprise sales pipeline, forecasting and reporting.
- Strong ability to communicate value propositioning for complex enterprise SaaS technology.
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Show initiative for learning by seeking out answers to daily technical challenges.
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself.
- Establishes good working relationships with team members.
- Appreciates each team member's contributions and values each individual member.
- Ability to work quickly and patiently as part of a small team growing rapidly.
- Strives to help the team succeed, even when it means working outside the job description.
- Above all: you are an entrepreneur at heart, self-motivated, with an insatiable can-do mentality.
- Travel is required
Benefits and Perks
- A financially stable company, with the freedom and opportunities of a startup culture
- Flexible work schedule
- Unlimited PTO
- Live Music Capital Holiday
- Beautiful office space in Hyde Park (close to Central Market, Vino Vino, and Hyde Park Gym)
- Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary
- Company subsidized health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Fun office environment with premium coffee, snacks, some lunches, and kegerator provided.
ActiveProspect is an Equal Opportunity Employer