We're looking for committed Sales Directors (aka Directors of Strategic Partnerships) to join our team where you’ll have the opportunity to not only build strong partnerships with forward-thinking higher education institutions, but you will also be expected to engage in problem-solving alongside them and to learn to develop a challenger mindset in order to truly add value. This position will be based remotely in the northeastern US region.
What you will do as a Sales Director
- Consistently offer prospects and customers a unique perspective on the higher education industry and individual institutions in order to build long-lasting, trusted relationships while positioning Civitas Learning as a strategic partner.
- Lead effective conversations across multiple stakeholder levels and roles within an institution, understanding how internal and external business drivers affect the industry, institution and individuals and how Civitas Learning’s solutions support business and mission objectives.
- Gain a deep understanding of the higher education procurement process as well as the institutional, student success initiatives, and the solution we are bringing to market.
- Operate as the CEO of your franchise, working with Business Development Representatives to pursue opportunities to exceed your revenue targets.
- Quarterback teams externally with customers and internally with cross functional groups
- Consistently build and manage an effective pipeline.
- Communicate proactively with leadership throughout each phase of the sales process.
- Gain commitment.
- Work diligently with speed, efficiency and precision.
- Participate in team-building and training, where you will learn from colleagues and continue to hone your ability to add value to your relationships by challenging and problem-solving.
- Collaborate with client success team to ensure a smooth handoff of customer opportunities.
What we’re looking for in a Sales Director
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years experience in enterprise software sales, bonus points for previous experience working in education technology or in a start-up environment.
- Experience with the Challenger Sale methodology is ideal.
- The ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, with the ability to present to stakeholders.
- Proven track record of success in previous sales roles.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
What you are looking for in your career
- An office full of insanely talented, mission-driven people.
- The chance to use your powers to do something that truly matters.
- Being involved with a once-in-a-generation company, at the cutting edge of technology.
If you have the passion to forge meaningful relationships, the challenger mindset required to keep partners engaged, the ability to understand the bigger picture and to put yourself in the shoes of college and universities faced with the unique challenge and opportunity of designing better pathways to student success, then you belong here.
About Civitas Learning:
Civitas Learning partners with universities and colleges dedicated to helping more students learn well and finish strong. We provide tools and services for educators that bring together and make the most of their diverse and disconnected data streams; personalize information and support for their students; and deepen understanding of the impact of their student-success initiatives. Through our work together, our partners are empowering leaders, advisors, faculty, & students—and measurably improving enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes.
Today, Civitas Learning is a strategic partner to more than 350 colleges and universities, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of partners, Civitas Learning is making the most of the world’s learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025.
Civitas Learning offers medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401k plan. We also have a generous flexible, paid time off policy. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.