Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. Our unique value stack combines pioneering IIoT technologies with skilled delivery, exclusive financing, and risk-free insurance models.
We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, France, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
When it comes to technical expertise, our exceptional sales engineering team advises customers on innovative solutions. We always go the extra mile to achieve excellence. We are currently seeking a talented person to join our fast-growing sales team as a Senior Technical Sales Engineer, located in Austin, TX.
As a Sales Engineer, you will play a vital role in the sales team. You are responsible for all technical engagements with prospective customers, including: demos, creating prospect specifics, reference architecture, implementation and support framework. You will collaborate closely with the local Account Managers in order to support the entire sales process as needed. In this role you are in a unique position to understand relayr’s key benefits and value proposition, therefore you will help interpret a client's technical requirements and communicate product features. Your exceptional passion for innovation, sales and all things tech, combined with your desire to solve the biggest challenges with innovative solutions could make this the perfect job for you.
What we are looking for:
- Your approach towards the customer is consultative, using a blend of sales, technical knowledge, and strategic mindset whenever needed.
- You have the ability to understand customers’ complex problems and translate them into market leading real-life technical propositions.
- You are fluent in English and Spanish (oral and written).
- You inspire trust towards the entire business community.
- You feel a great sense of achievement solving customers’ problems by being innovative.
- You have a strong work ethic.
- You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for and invested in the success of the company.
- You are always learning and exploring the leading and bleeding edge of what is on offer in the market.
- You are proactive in providing feedback to improve processes, procedures, products.
The perfect person will:
- Be a domain expert on IoT products such as sensors, devices, wireless communication, cloud services, and building management systems
- Have a proven track record of successfully selling XaaS technology to large enterprises; manufacturing experience a plus
- Have 5+ years direct experience selling products with an emphasis on IoT and cloud solutions
- Be comfortable engaging and discussing business with CEOs and capable of describing design API flow on a whiteboard with a client’s software engineers
- Have familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture
- Thrive in an incredibly fast-moving, global dynamic environment, where every single day your work will make a visible difference to the success of the company
- Have a history of pushing the boundaries to sell ground-breaking technology solutions
- Be experienced in large-scale projects – bringing together different experts to form an amazing technical customer solution
- Have a broad multidisciplinary understanding of many technologies’ stacks
- Have a demonstrable history of using your experience and technical know-how to solve customer pain points
- Be a self-starter who can flourish in a dynamic technology company
- Have hands-on experience developing your own IOT projects
- Have a collaborative mindset, and a record of building successful relationships with colleagues and customers
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
How we work:
- Our team members primarily work from their home offices as we have a broad geographic distribution of sales executives.
- We interact daily through a variety of team collaboration tools like Slack, Webex, Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Confluence, and Google Drive.
- With a broad geographic distribution of sales executives, the sales engineer will be required to travel within the United States and internationally to meet with customers.
- Overall travel could be up to 50%.
- A diverse and friendly team with people from all over the world, speaking 20+ languages, of all ages and parental-status
- Connecting you with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- Competitive salary and a learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, a focus on growth
- Knowledge sharing from the best entrepreneurs in the industry
- Easy integration into a highly professional and passionate team
- Office Locations in Munich, Berlin, Katowice, Chicago and Sales Engineers across remote offices
- A chance to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!