Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Named one of the Top 50 Start-Ups by Built In Austin, Skills Fund is the leading lender in the United States for skills-based higher education. We underwrite higher education programs based on their jobs outcomes for students, and offer their students access to competitive financing products that empower them to transform their careers and lives.
We are looking for an experienced enterprise sales & marketing executive, with a track record of exceeding performance expectations, to lead our Growth Team (aka our sales and marketing teams).
What is the opportunity?
- The Senior Vice President of Growth will be responsible for driving product sales and revenue growth by expanding our school partner base, increasing penetration at our existing school partners, and growing product adoption by students/borrowers.
- This role is both strategic and operational. The Senior Vice President of Growth will need to quickly develop an understanding of our company, our products, and the education finance industry. Then, use that understanding to develop, implement, measure, and improve data-driven business development, marketing, and strategies.
- This high impact position will be a member of the senior management team with significant leadership responsibilities and report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, executing, and improving customer acquisition and retention (for both school partners and student borrowers)
- Expanding our school partnership base, with an ability to identify and prioritize high-value opportunities
- Supporting and informing strategic product development by developing a deep understanding of customer demand, the competitive landscape, and internal and external stakeholder considerations
- Leading, optimizing, and growing our Growth Team, which consists of our Business Development, Marketing, and Strategic Communications functions (including recruiting, training, and developing high performance team members)
- Working cross-functionally within Skills Fund to communicate growth opportunities, stakeholder feedback, market intelligence, competitive insights, and growth & development needs, which will inform strategic, financial, and operational planning
- The ideal candidate will have experience in managing an enterprise sales & marketing team and be analytical, data-driven, creative, collaborative, and passionate about our core purpose of providing pathways to prosperity.
- You love a challenge, have developed functional skills, and are ready to take the next stage in your career by joining a high growth company that will give you the opportunity for exponential personal and professional development.
What does it take to succeed?
- A Learner’s Mindset: You should have a desire to learn, adapt, and develop in a rapidly growing and changing start-up environment.
- Passion for our Mission: You should care deeply about helping drive access to quality, skills-based education.
- 7+ years in an enterprise sales & marketing organization required, including at least 3 years in a management role
- Experience driving revenue growth through innovative prospecting, sales initiatives, and demand generation campaigns, including ability to analyze data and respond by pulling upon different levers to optimize performance
- Proven track record of improving KPI performance and budget management
- Understanding of partner relationships and customer engagement in a B2B2C environment (preferred)
- Functional knowledge of consumer finance a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to identify opportunities and find a way to get things across the finish line
- Qualities: Energetic and Passionate. Ability to inspire the best in others. Highly analytical, strategic thinker with exceptional ability to prioritize and focus on the highest value opportunities. Not intimidated by getting thrown into the deep end (or anything else for that matter).
- Impact: You’re hungry to be a part of something bigger than yourself. You don’t work just to make money. You work to create significant impact and have extreme dedication to professional and personal growth. You’re looking for an opportunity to build a great career and take on responsibility way above what you would receive in other organizations.
- Attitude: Relentless. Focused. Positive. Humble. Curious. Fun.
How do I apply?
In your cover email, please include an explanation as to why you want to join the team at Skills Fund based on the company’s purpose, the Skills Code, or the Skills Fund Compensation Philosophy found at https://skills.fund/careers. Email this plus your resume to [email protected].
Include in your brief explanation the answer to the below questions:
Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Skills Fund? Yes/No
Will you now or in the future require Skills Fund to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)? This is sometimes called “sponsorship” for an employment-based visa status. Yes/No