Solutions Architect at Social Solutions
Are you energized and enthusiastic about delivering high-quality solutions to end users? Are you excited about leading cross-functional teams to implement software within our Non-Profit and Public-Sector Customers? If so, keep reading!
What You'll Do
The Services Solutions Consultant works closely with Project Managers, Implementation Consultants, Form Builders, Developers (and other resources as needed) to assess, design and implement SSG's largest and/or most strategic customers. The primary responsibility of the Services Solutions Consultant is to design the vision and detailed design the solution that meets the customer's complex requirements taking into consideration interfaces, data migration, customizations, and other diverse elements of the total solution. This role will establish, use, and educate others regarding best practices in the application(s). This role is responsible for the overall customer-specific solution's quality, scalability and usability, providing oversight for the design of an enterprise system that meets and exceeds customer expectations. Services Solutions Consultant are expected to acquire and maintain expertise in the full suite of ETO and/or Apricot products, modules and features such that new, creative and previously unchartered paths to achieving customer requirements are pursued. Architects will serve as key team members for major implementation projects, with oversight responsibility for the work of a group of Implementation Consultants.
- Accountable for large-scale complex application design, configuration, development, and integration for customer specific solutions
- Work with a team in gathering requirements for complex systems from customer subject matter experts
- Expertly perform technical demonstrations of solution to clients and relate to specific client workflows.
- Produce clearly articulated solution documents and demonstrations, with the ability to estimate hours/costs/resources/timeline necessary to complete the work
- Ensure the deliverables of cross functional teams meet the requirements in a seamless fashion for customers
- Work in collaboration with Project Managers, technical resources, Implementation Consultants and customer subject matter experts to ensure the architectural integrity and long-term supportability of proposed and implemented solutions
- Contribute to project deliverables and documentation as needed
- Lead work sessions with customer subject matter experts to thoroughly evaluate and understand requirements
- Maintain up to date expertise of all ETO and/or Apricot features, modules, add-ons, etc.
- Collaborate with internal technical resources to envision and design solutions which require code-based work, which complement the configured solution of the core product
- Clearly and regularly communicate to Project Managers all anticipated completion dates, risk factors, and any changes in scope
- Properly handle project risk and escalations, involving department management when necessary
- Contribute to the on-going development and improvement of standardized project implementation methodologies, particularly for integrating complex technical solutions into existing ETO and/or Apricot implementation methodologies
- Maintain accurate project records in SSG's internal CRM
- Responsible for mentoring, coaching and promoting knowledge sharing and expertise development across the department and company
- 4+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of related experience in software implementation with external customers
- Strong technical background in web technologies, databases, and integrating with other third-party software
- Experience effectively documenting requirements and documenting solution design – able to articulate and provide examples of methodologies used
- Solid troubleshooting skills and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to Social Solutions' vision of becoming the premier provider of performance management software in the country.
- Experience with data migration projects including but not limited to planning, mapping, execution, and QA
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects Web Intelligence preferred) and databases (SQL), including the ability to create custom queries for data analysis purposes.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
Preferred Additional Experience
- Experience with human services/social services programs or organizations
- Familiarity with local, state, and/or federal government databases and reporting requirements
- Experience as a government contractor or working as part of a project team for government contracts
- Experience with XML programming
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Access
- Direct experience as part of a software implementation team
- Master's Degree (i.e.: Computer Science, Social Work, Criminology)
Why We're Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin's Best Places to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That's why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to do even more good. We help those that are changing the world.
What You'll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities
- That's not all, folks!
In order fulfill Social Solutions' mission to "help people transform lives," we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.