Strategic Account Manager
Strategic Account Manager
In this key role reporting to our VP of Strategic Accounts, your objectives are to maximize customer retention, retention rates and success while driving operational excellence to ensure that your portfolio of customers is realizing the full value of their investment throughout the customer lifecycle. This role requires working alongside Sales, Product, Professional Services, Senior Management and occasionally Board Members to constantly represent the voice of the customer and to drive the highest possible return on investment. Key focus areas will include positive revenue growth and retention rates, and Net Promoter Scores (NPS).
As a SaaS company, HotSchedules is looking for a candidate that is able to connect with and understand our customer’s needs and create effective growth and retention strategies that can scale across a strategic portfolio of accounts. You will be responsible to ensure customers are getting the most value out of the product(s) with widespread adoption. In addition, you will develop strong customer relationships with C-level contacts, serve as a customer advocate, identify upsell opportunities that align with the customer needs, facilitate problem resolution between customer and company technical support, and be knowledgeable about the product and able to assist in training.
In this role you will have responsibility for owning a portfolio of strategic accounts, retaining and growing the revenue from these accounts via expansions or services upselling. The essential qualities for success in this role include entrepreneurial disposition, self-starter, tenacious, organized, focused, responsible and accountable.
Responsibilities as a Strategic Account Manager:
- Attain/Exceed annual portfolio revenue targets through increases in Services revenue, Price Increases, or Expansion opportunities
- Responsible for overall revenue retention within your portfolio of accounts
- Establish and maintain strategic and executive relationships
- Identify and qualify upsell/cross-sell opportunities within your portfolio
- Develop and execute strategic account objectives including negotiation of contract pricing and terms & conditions that align with HotSchedules standards
- Manage all aspects of the customer success process typically beginning prior to contract signature for strategic accounts. This will require a level of project management experience to ensure successful rollouts of the full suite of HotSchedules’ products.
- Be a Customer advocate. Communicate customer feedback and product requirements back to key stakeholders
- Conduct Frequent Business Reviews, often to a C-level audience.
- Support marketing efforts including soliciting customer testimonials and securing customer participation in company events
- Handle support escalations when needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to effectively implement account management and customer success strategies
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding subscription revenue targets and renewal negotiation experience
- Experience working with C level executives
- Strong presentation, communication, prioritization, and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven team player
- Restaurant experience a plus
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 7+ years’ experience working in sales, support and account management
- 3+ recent years of experience as a hands-on Customer Success Manager for a SaaS company
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Energetic, creative, organized, and self-motivated
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with senior leaders internally and with customer
- Position requires significant travel and face time with customers
- Travel required: 30% average