Strategic Partner Manager
We’re looking for a Strategic Partner Manager to establish the merchant playbook and build strategic relationships with high-profile partners in order to drive revenue and win at the local level.
As a member on our Local Team, you will be responsible for executing our strategic advantage: winning, supporting, and growing the best merchants in each city. As a Strategic Partner Manager, you will be directly responsible for driving incremental revenue, introducing new products and features, and being the all-in-one solutions provider to our most valued partners.
What you’ll do
- Business Development – Own merchant relationships with our key accounts across your region while effectively addressing merchant concerns
- Strategize – Determine the needs and wants of merchants, prioritize them by impact on the business, and work to co-create solutions
- Implement – Drive new DoorDash merchant initiatives and provide feedback to our Merchant Ops team to continuously improve
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgement to test and build the tools and processes needed to serve, retain and grow our most important merchants, ultimately driving them towards operational efficiency and excellence
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Operations, and Sales teams to make sure merchants have the best possible experience when using DoorDash’s services. This influences the overall product roadmap, making us better each day
- Problem solver — you can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Self-starter — you have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Forward thinking — you’re growth-minded and always thinking of ideas on how to help improve processes
- Relentless – you roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship builder — you obsess over our merchant and you’re laser focused on building deep and meaningful relationships with them
- 2-5 years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / account management / sales or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Excellent analytical thinker who can create data driven recommendations; proficiency in excel / google sheets preferred
- Deep understanding of how to own and drive a book of business
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national merchants in more than 3000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.