VP of Sales
Want to join one of the hottest AI/ML startups in Austin? Our business is booming, Series B is on the way, and we need a strong VP of Sales to lead & scale our sales organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced enterprise sales leader who is a startup veteran with a track record of building high-performance sales organizations. Have you sold SaaS solutions to Fortune 500 organizations? Have you sold solutions that are a combination of platform and services? Do you have experience and/or passion about the growing field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning? Have you done VC roadshows? Have you delivered regular Board presentations? Do you value work environments with amazing people? If you can answer Yes to all, then this is the opportunity for you!
The VP of Sales will be chartered with growing a small, highly successful Sales organization to meet revenue targets. You will manage tactical and strategic initiatives while participating in sales pursuits. This business moves fast, so you need to be comfortable in an early stage startup where challenges appear daily. You’ll be shifting between client initiatives, product sessions, recruiting, operational improvements, technology automation and any number of additional unexpected company initiatives. You will learn and understand our target customers, and work on creating compelling sales offerings. This position will partner with the leaders in Marketing, Product Management and Customer Success to develop and deliver services that ensure the best possible customer experience, while reporting directly to the CRO.
Do you want to help work in the most exciting and impactful technology space of our time? Do you want to serve those who want to work and create new opportunities in the global workforce?
Alegion is transforming how enterprises execute on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning projects, while transforming the way people work. Our AI enablement platform integrates human intelligence at scale into the creation of high-quality training data, the validation and scoring of AI models and real-time exception handling. We do this through our advanced data and task management platform and a growing network of on-demand trained human data specialists. By combining human intelligence and artificial intelligence, we accelerate time to market for AI and ML initiatives while reducing risk.
Alegion’s AI Enablement Platform is a robust technology system that supports a wide array of data processes designed specifically for AI, ML, NLP, Computer Vision and Deep Learning systems. It provides the ability to define and configure complex data task workflows including multi-step and conditional paths for text, photo, video and audio. It also manages the distribution of tasks to human data specialists based on required skill sets and other criteria and has built-in quality control processes that provide exceptional data quality, predictable pricing and scale to process large volumes of data-intensive tasks.
- We have a well-defined mission, and strongly-held core beliefs and cultural values
- We promote a workplace where employees can make an impact beyond financial results
- We believe in being truly Agile in every decision, action and interaction
- We recruit talented employees who are a strong fit for our culture and high-performing teams
- We value learning and teaching, and heavily invest in employee development and growth
- We foster a collaborative, team-focused and autonomous work environment
- Lead, motivate, manage and grow the Sales team
- Create plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Manage senior level customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Be a strong player/coach. Sell and help your team sell.
- Become an expert in the platform + services and articulating its value
- Partner with Marketing, Product and Customer Success to test, measure and optimize
- Play a critical role in business planning, working closely with other senior executives to develop plans, resource requirements, and influence our long-term business strategy.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants MUST have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA is a plus
- 10-15+ years of relevant experience
- Proven track-record of meeting/exceeding annual targets
- Prior experience as a VP of Sales at a SaaS/enterprise software company
- VC-funded startup & board experience
- Proven experience building & scaling highly-successful sales organizations
- Previous experience selling $100,000 to $5M+ deals to enterprise clients
- Previous experience managing and optimizing SDR/BDR teams
- Previous experience partnering with Marketing to drive performance improvements
- Producer, Player/Coach. Willing to carry a quota.
- Previous experience growing a sales team from 1 to 10+
- Domain experience with Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning is a plus
- Ability to work in a fluid environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly
- Data-driven with the ability to translate metrics to insights
- High aptitude and understanding of technology
- Self-starter and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity and follow through
- Strong leadership skills and ability to mentor others
- Impeccable written and verbal communication + presentation skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills