WP Engine is looking for a Scrum Master to join the growing R&D team!
WHAT IS COOL ABOUT THIS JOB
Can you lead stealthily from the shadows? Is one of your superpowers evolving groups of engineers into one super scrum team that can tackle any challenge? Do you love to learn how each person on your team is motivated and engaged? Can your mind pivot and turn at lightning speed? Are you constantly challenging the team to improve their unit tests, working with the product owner to ensure that stories are ready for sprint planning, and providing advice to the engineering manager on how to celebrate our wins? Do you have a strong caring heart to give to the team? If this is calling out to you, let us know. We want you as our Scrum Master!
You'll be the head coach for our flagship infrastructure initiative, creating platform products for our core WordPress hosting offerings. With your teams leveraging technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Golang, Ansible, BigQuery, and cutting-edge cloud platforms.
THE DAY TO DAY
- Coach and serve Scrum teams to deliver world class software by ensuring Scrum practices, preventing interruptions and distractions, and removing impediments.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and team empowerment so that our team(s) reach their full potential for productivity, engagement, and morale.
- Deliver industry best practices for Scrum into the development discipline at WP Engine.
- Serve as a thought leader and mentor by participating in WP Engine's Scrum Master community of practice.
- Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings, retrospectives, reviews, and backlog grooming sessions.
- Assist the team in their sprint commitments to deliver working software.
- Measure, evaluate, and communicate team performance metrics (i.e. velocity).
YOUR EXPERTISE AND PASSION
- 5-7 years experience working in an Agile environment and 2-3 years as a Scrum Master.
- Experience leading Scrum teams across multiple locations and geographies.
- Solid track record of the capabilities of your Scrum team.
- Direct Scrum Master experience working with teams focused on non-UI / backend / platform applications.
- CSM Certification.
- Bachelor's degree required.
Successful candidates excel and are strong in these capabilities: * (Servant Leadership) Ability to put others' needs first and guide the team so that they reach their performance potential. * (Influence) Ability to influence, persuade, and "sell" at all levels of the organization. * (Assertive) Ability to ensure Scrum concepts and principles are practiced, to be a voice of reason and authority and to make the tough calls. * (Problem Solving) Ability to think and act quickly, in the best interests of our team(s), the company, and our customers. * (Facilitation) Ability to lead Scrum events, to drive people toward consensus, and to maintain focus on exceeding goals. * (Presentation Skills) Ability to create and deliver presentations to internal audiences of various sizes and types. * (Written and Verbal Communication) Ability to communicate in a manner that is professional, educational, and mindful of audience. * (Conflict Resolution) Ability to facilitate healthy discussions and facilitate alternatives or different approaches. * (Active Listener) - Ability to truly listen, understand and engage the team based on feedback. * (Continual Improvement) Ability to seek continual growth in your craft; learning new tools and techniques to advance your skills.
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount