Global Social Media Editorial Manager
HomeAway, an Expedia Group brand is hiring for a Global Social Media Editorial Manager. In this role, you will oversee the global editorial planning, creative production management, review and content performance for the social media channel. This will include creation and testing of a wide variety of content and formats from Instagram videos and Facebook carousels to translation of brand campaign collateral into compelling social media content pieces. You will work closely with the global social media team and our internal creative agency to scale our content efforts, inform how we leverage content across regions, and help us adopt new and innovative ways to tell stories on social channels. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Social Media, you will collaborate as part of the social media leadership team to help streamline, and bring cohesion, to global social media content planning, production and execution.
What you’ll do:
- Take a forward-looking approach to global social media content, accepting and helping to define cutting-edge editorial strategies. In short, lead the charge to write the new playbook on social content.
- Plan, and manage global content production, with our internal creative agency partners, to deliver global content for publishing on various social networks, in coordination with other channels like our PR blog, and related media digital channels.
- Lead the testing into new and emerging audiences, channels and formats to support insight generation and strategy development, using content as your guide.
- Bring a disciplined, scientific approach to creative development, using testing frameworks as enablers, not constraints, to your creativity.
- Form relationships across the business with those who create, deploy and/or utilize our content including marketing, product, engineering, and business intelligence teams.
- Find untapped opportunities to engage our employee, influencer, traveler and partner bases in content initiatives and effectively leverage user generated content in your work.
- Plan and coordinate production of content at a global scale, while providing local variance across markets and languages.
Who you are:
- 8-10 years of newsroom-style editorial experience, at least 3 of those should be in a leadership role at a cutting-edge consumer media company, a professional news organization, or social media creative agency.
- Serious creative chops across a variety of owned and paid social media formats including but not limited to imagery, short- and long-form video; Live video; and snackable content such as lists, quizzes, and the like. You have a portfolio of content that people want to share and engage and appreciate that great content comes in many shapes and sizes.
- Extensive experience in planning, implementing and scaling complex cohesive marketing/editorial projects across multiple geographies and/or business units.
- Exceptional attention to detail and thorough command of editorial and proofreading skills.
- Experience producing highly effective work within the deadline and cost constraints.
- Excellent project manager and self-starter, with the ability to work independently across multiple concurrent initiatives in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities.
- Native understanding of the social web and core content marketing channels including blogs, newsfeed, social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and SnapChat); has a solid grasp of why content on those platforms performs well.
- Familiarity with digital content tools and analytics across content creation, packaging, publishing and tracking including but not limited to: DAM, Social Media consoles, and analytics packages;
- Ability to interpret data and analytics to inform content and audience testing roadmap.
- Understanding of the social web, copyright issues and influencer law.
- Critical Success Factors:
- Love of culture and travel with an interest and understanding of creating, promoting, and distributing shareable content across multiple platforms.
- Agile mindset; even if you’re not formally Agile-trained, you a drive to quickly execute and pivot as needed while keeping an orderly workflow top of mind.
- Able to strike the right balance between the speed of innovation and the speed of the corporate machine; you are collaborative and team-spirited and also able to keep things moving and hold people accountable for individual and team results.
- Optimistic. Maintains a positive energy that inspires those around you.
- High-performance orientation with an appreciation for working smarter not harder.
- Ambitious. Ready to dig in and develop global social media content strategy, standard methodologies and build consensus while leading toward a north star vision.
- Comfort with ambiguity; able to build structure around oneself and the program where structure is currently lacking.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.