Senior Content Marketing Manager at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $84B+ by 2022!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is redefining industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the fastest growing database on the planet and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for a creative and collaborative Senior Content Marketing Manager to help build and operate an outstanding content function.
To be successful in this role, you have a solid understanding of B2B content marketing and integrated, multi-channel programs. This role requires strong collaboration and the ability to deliver results through cross-functional alignment and communication.
This person will seamlessly pivot from strategist to creative to program manager to copywriter, and will translate metrics to insights to content strategy. This person lives and breathes editorial and content strategy, content creation, social media trends, and brand voice.Responsibilities
- Work autonomously to find opportunities for content strategy and work with Content Strategy Lead to build a holistic, multi-channel content plan.
- Work with Content Strategy Lead to translate data-centric insights into content strategy, narratives, content journeys, editorial calendars, creative ideas, and roadmaps for the developer audience.
- Run developer content programs ranging from launching a web series with a media publisher to managing our agency on the revamp of our tutorial series for YouTube.
- Work with Developer Relations, University, and Docs to develop plans to atomize content into other content types (infographics, videos, etc) that everyone finds easy to consume.
- Become a specialist in the developer audience, relentlessly seeking data and relevant trends to make decisions that improve the impact and effectiveness of content concepts and copy across mediums.
- Partner with the head of Community and start-ups to bring developer stories to life across formats and channels
- Explore new channels, pushing the MongoDB brand into areas it hasn't previously been—owned channels, new social channels, and partnerships.
- Work with the Director of Content Operations to run critical metrics, report, and iterate on performance for this audience with a strong emphasis on testing and learning to optimize engagement and conversion.
- Work closely with key content partners to understand and map the digital customer journey and develop compelling content that delivers engagement and conversion
Writing and Editing (30%)
- Write compelling, clear, and high-performing copy to drive value across channels and mediums including social copy, video scripts, web pages, email, and others
- Flex from writer to editor, collaborate cross-functionally to ensure outstanding quality, cohesion, and impact of copy across all marketing and product touch points from paid ads to emails, landing pages to video scripts
- 6-10 years of proven experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Highly proficient with project management
- Highly proficient problem-solving in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, lead resources across multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines
- BA/BS or A.A. degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or Advertising or equivalent.
- Agency background is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of content development, content strategy, social media, data and analytics and listening platforms, and content and social standard methodologies.
- Experience in content development and writing in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent copywriting and copyediting skills, a requirement.
- Able to work well under tight deadlines and effectively develop a team in fast paced, high-visibility scenarios.
- Can effectively collaborate and build relationships with key business partners across products and functions.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.