Sr. UX Content Strategist
With a specialized focus on content strategy and UX writing, our Content Design team plays an invaluable role in crafting the tone, language, and narrative continuity of the HomeAway product experience. As the Content Lead for our Partner design team, you’ll work out in front to make content clearer and more meaningful for our B2B Web and app products. And, as a key member of our Global Experience Design group, you'll help transform business problems into user-experience opportunities — crafting, testing, and launching products that are usable, useful, and delightful to the travelers and homeowners who make up both sides of our vacation-rental marketplace.
Though not a front-line manager, you'll serve as an ambassador for our discipline, and an advocate and role model for our junior team members. Drawing from user personas, customer insights, messaging frameworks, and other sources, you’ll identify, investigate, and present creative solutions to content-design problems across a suite of B2B-leaning product interfaces, and you'll participate in lab testing that enables you to see the impact of your team's work on the products we design.
What you’ll do:
- Main responsibilities:
- Lead the UX content strategy — narrative continuity, voice/tone, language standards and patterns — across multiple pods in our Partner (B2B) product design team.
- Partner with UX design leads and engineers to bring order, structure, transparency, and purpose to our product content (both presentation-layer and "under the hood").
- Write and iterate on product content (e.g., UI copy, transactional emails, product tours) using agile rhythms and lightweight UX practices.
- Partner with our Product, Partner, and Brand Marketing teams to develop shared goals and critical metrics for content.
- Partner with Policy and Legal to bring a human-centered perspective to our legally mandated content.
- Partner with Globalization to provide clarity and context for our translators.
- Contribute to our Design Systems team and in-house Style Council, and update our style guide and content patterns as products evolve.
- Participate in content crits and peer reviews, both for your product areas and across the wider team.
- Support design leadership with team-wide initiatives, including recruiting, training and speaking events, and the ongoing evolution of our practice and standards.
- Help to educate our internal partners on the value of content strategy.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in content strategy, content design, or related fields (e.g., information architecture, UX design)
- B2B experience a plus.
- Diverse portfolio that reflects your critical-thinking and analytical skills as well as the breadth of your content-strategy toolkit.
- Demonstrated examples of how you've already done some of the things we're looking for in the "Main responsibilities" section above.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Google Suite, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Confluence, and JIRA a plus.
- Proven ability that you can build rapport and get results with product managers, marketing partners, and your fellow designers.
- Real passion for travel and for our brand.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.