Team Manager, Technical Support at BigCommerce (Austin, TX)
BigCommerce is seeking a Team Manager, Technical Support for our 24X7 Customer Success Services Team. As the Team Manager, Technical Support you will be responsible for managing a team of dedicated Customer Success Services support staff in a culture where exceptional service to our customers is the the paramount focus.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a technical support team with an emphasis on client satisfaction, first contact resolution, and retention
- Assist with the management of day-to-day operations of the Customer Success Services department
- Foster an environment of team-driven success through individual contribution and accountability
- Provide mentoring and coaching to each individual on the team, including Technical Leads, via regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings, call monitoring, ticketing and phone system statistics to enable employee and team
- Advocate on behalf of our merchants to ensure their wants and needs for our products and services are continuously communicated
Who you are:
- Experience leading technical support / Customer Service teams in a 24x7 environment; Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university preferred
- Thorough understanding of and belief in the intrinsic value of providing exceptional customer service and the impact that has on conversion, retention, and driving ARPU, CSAT and NPS scores
- Proficiency with contact center technologies (I3, Five9s, ACD, Salesforce, Confluence, Jira, Workforce management tools); experience using these tools to manage phone, ticket, and chat queues, and develop operational reports and analysis
- Superior knowledge of the BigCommerce platform and ecosystem, and an ability to personally handle escalated client calls, complex tickets, and/or chats when situations dictate that you get involved in resolving issues
- Exceptional written and verbal communication; strong collaboration, negotiation and ability to drive consensus with key business partners
- Ability to motivate and manage the performance of team and individuals; strong behavioral coaching style with emphasis on time management, personal accountability, and objective-based career growth
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events