Analyst, Data Science - Product Analytics at Expedia Group
This is a great opportunity to join Vrbo’s global Analytics & Data Insights team in Austin, TX. The mission of the team is to enable stakeholders with strategic and operational insights that allow them to make better decisions. Our culture is one that strives to solve difficult problems through rigorous hypothesis-based testing, empowering people to come up with ideas and solutions quickly and driven by data. Our analysts are passionate about learning the drivers of the business and using data, technology and analytics to provide valuable data insights to drive company’s critical business decisions.
In this role you will partner with our Vrbo brand Product Team. The Product team delivers delightful user experiences on our marketplace that will enhance the user experience and drive bottom-line growth.
The analyst will partner with them to achieve those goals by providing a broad spectrum of support including deep-dive investigative analyses, uncovering customer friction points, hypothesis generation and prioritization, experimental design, and valid and impartial test analysis and recommendations, along with developing robust self-service dashboards and reports for on-going performance monitoring.
What you'll do
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders – both technical and non-technical – to answer complex business and user behavior questions, with a focus on actionable insights
- Through data mining and analysis, apply and implement hypotheses and recommendations of things we should change, leading to experiments that will confirm or deny those hypotheses and ultimately improve operations and the user experience.
- Work directly with business owners and technical specialists to design, plan and analyze a/b and multivariate tests
- Be a Vrbo data guru - be the point of contact for all data questions and insights in your respective area.
- Prioritize asks based on the highest potential value add, and actively drive initiatives from there.
Who you are
- Passion for number crunching, logical problem solving and intellectual challenges.
- Curious nature with an enthusiasm for making an impact
- Ability to structure / work on data exploration problems, with innovative approaches and creative solutions, bringing to bear strong reporting and data visualization skills.
- Ability to communicate the results of complex analyses in a clear and effective manner to your stakeholders
- Comfortable with uncertainty by prioritizing effectively and flexibly handling changes.
- Able to work across different business units/countries to communicate findings company-wide.
- Strong organization skills, and some ability to lead numerous projects concurrently.
- Experience with large data sets and proficient in SQL.
- Experience building data visualizations (Tableau, Looker)
- Understanding of statistics and hypothesis testing (ex. Confidence Interval, Regressions, Time Series, Clustering, Factor Analysis)
- Basic A/B testing knowledge
- Experience with big data tools / languages (Hadoop, Hive, Spark).
- Experience with R, Python or other coding language a plus
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics a plus
- Bachelor's in an analytical field (e.g., Marketing Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics).
- 2+ years' experience in data analytics OR Master of Science in an analytical field (e.g. Marketing Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) and 1+ years' experience.
- 1+ years' experience in either web/ travel industry or data consulting is preferred.
- Background in Product Analytics – is a strong plus.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Vrbo, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.