Business Analyst - Business Operations and Process Strategy
We are seeking an experienced analyst who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to join our Global Customer Experience Operations team. You will operate as a business analyst by giving operational and analytical knowledge to champion improvements and support our mission of delighting our customers by creating a credible marketplace, providing elite support and passionately advocating for customer needs. We need someone with excellent attention to detail who can work with our global partners to lead operational improvements and to analyze and present complex data more efficiently. We are searching for a detailed, focused standout colleague with experience working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, and the able to interact with partners at various levels within the organization.Business Analysis Responsibilities:
- Gather, analyze and document business and functional requirements from departmental partners
- Analyze data and business processes to recommend strategic improvements
- Partner with internal teams to triage stakeholder issues and request and prioritize on a maintenance and roadmap schedule
- Coordinate with resources across multiple time zones
- 5+ years of relevant business process optimization experience
- Ability to use problem solving skills to influence and help global managers improve their operations
- Understands and demonstrates ability to learn and document workflow and process requirements across global departments
- Understands business functions related to the reporting and data needed
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical employees across the organization
- Excited about learning new technologies and creating an excellent customer experience
- High level of organization and detail oriented
- Be creative and comfortable translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Experience working and thriving in a reciprocal work environment
- Ability to travel internationally – up to 10%
- Experience in a customer support or contact center environment
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Ability to apply data and Lean or Six Sigma style analysis to contribute to operational excellence
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on VRBO.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where extraordinary people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We passionately strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo:
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.