The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Developers around the world are using MongoDB to build software to create new businesses, modernize existing businesses, and transform the lives of millions of people around the world.
Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, MongoDB has more than 17,000 customers, which include some of the largest and most sophisticated businesses in nearly every vertical industry, in over 100 countries.
MongoDB is growing rapidly and seeking a Data Engineer to be a key contributor to the overall internal data platform at MongoDB. You will build data driven solutions to help drive MongoDB's growth as a product and as a company. You will take on complex data-related problems using very diverse data sets.Our ideal candidate has experience with
- Several programming languages (Python, Scala, Java, etc.)
- Data processing frameworks like Spark
- Streaming data processing frameworks like Kafka, KSQ, and Spark Streaming
- A diverse set of databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, Redshift, Postgres, etc.
- Different storage format like Parquet, Avro, Arrow, and JSON
- AWS services such as EMR, Lambda, S3, Athena, Glue, IAM, RDS, etc.
- Orchestration tools such as Airflow, Luiji, Azkaban, Cask, etc.
- Git and Github
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Enjoy wrangling huge amounts of data and exploring new data sets
- Value code simplicity and performance
- Obsess over data: everything needs to be accounted for and be thoroughly tested
- Plan effective data storage, security, sharing and publishing within an organization
- Constantly thinking of ways to squeeze better performance out of data pipelines
- You are deeply familiar with Spark and/or Hive
- You have expert experience with Airflow
- You understand the differences between different storage formats like Parquet, Avro, Arrow, and JSON
- You understand the tradeoffs between different schema designs like normalization vs. denormalization
- In addition to data pipelines, you’re also quite good with Kubernetes, Drone, and Terraform
- You’ve built an end-to-end production-grade data solution that runs on AWS
- You have experience building machine learning pipelines using tools likeSparkML, Tensorflow, Scikit-Learn, etc.
As a Data Engineer, you will
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Spark on AWS
- Help drive best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality
- Collaborate with other software engineers, machine learning experts, and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day
Do you know why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career?
- Disrupting a $64 Billion market
- Top NoSQL database in the world
- Largest Ecosystem and the fastest growing database in the world
- Close to 17,000 customers in over 100 countries and over 90+ million downloads
- >120% net ARR expansion rate over each of the last twenty quarters
- Sequoia Capital and a number of other Top VC firms have invested in MongoDB. Sequoia Capital calls us out as one of their flagship portfolios; Sequoia has also invested in Apple, Google, Youtube, and WhatsApp
- 9-figure revenue company, with very high double-digit growth rates
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, focused on innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.