Data Engineer at Expedia Group
We're looking for an experienced data engineer with passion for finance engineering to join Cost Transparency which is part of broader Data & AI Platform Engineering org. The team has in-house built and maintains a full stack cloud cost management solution for EG. We empower the visibility, optimization, governance and forecasting of cloud cost across multiple cloud IaaS (AWS, Azure, GCP) & PaaS vendors.
As Platform Engineering group, we're responsible for supercharging Expedia Group's Travel Platform through core data & AI systems. We build and maintain key platform components around batch & stream processing, ML & distributed compute systems, AI/ML platform chassis, data & model cataloging and cost engineering.
What you'll do:
- You will work with a team of full stack data engineers to build and maintain large scale data pipelines, APIs, dashboards & webapp.
- Interact with our stakeholders and peer groups to understand technical/business requirements and implement end-to-end solutions for them.
- Provide support to business leaders, finance and tech groups for initiatives around cost forecasting, strategic planning, cost governance and cost optimization.
Who you are:
- At least 4 years of hands-on work experience in data engineering domain using Spark, Hive, Presto, Airflow, Kafka technologies.
- Have built and maintained at least 1 enterprise grade ETL pipeline in production.
- At least 1 year of hands-on work experience working in any cloud stack (AWS, GCP, Azure etc.)
- Prior experience with cloud billing or finance systems would be a plus.
- Prior experience of building APIs & WebApps in any language/framework would be a huge plus.
- Ability to write code and unit tests for batch and/or stream applications.
- Have basic understanding of OOP, SOLID and other commonly used design principles and able to write clean unit testable code.
- Solid foundation of SQL & DBMS concepts. Able to work with complex SQL statements and data processing with RDBMS & NoSQL systems.
- Comfortable working with common dev setup - SVN(Git), CI/CD (Jenkins), IDE (IntelliJ, VSCode), Docker.
- Basic understanding of enterprise design and architecture of Big Data Systems and solutions.
- Familiarity with REST/GraphQL based API development in any programming language/framework.
- Familiarity with visualization tools like Tableau, Looker etc.
Relocation (Y/N): N
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.