Data Insights Analyst at Expedia Group
You have the opportunity to join Vrbo’s global Analytics & Data Insights team in Austin, TX The mission of the team is to enable stakeholders with strategic and operational insights that allow them to make better decisions. Our culture is one that strives to solve difficult problems through rigorous hypothesis-based testing, empowering people to come up with ideas and data-driven solutions quickly. Our analysts are passionate about learning the drivers of the business and leveraging data, technology and analytics to provide valuable data insights to drive company’s critical business decisions.
This particular role will be responsible for supporting our Global Commerce and Strategy teams. The Commerce team is responsible for delivering the financial goals Vrbo promises to Expedia and investors. They do this by running programs with cross functional teams, by setting up metrics and frameworks to manage our diverse vacation rental markets, and by identifying opportunities in the business to add value to our bottom line.
The analyst will partner with them to achieve those goals by providing a broad spectrum of support including deep-dive investigative analyses, business modeling, strategic analysis, and working with developers and data engineers to set up data pipelines and tracking.Who You Are:
- Passion for number crunching, logical problem solving and intellectual challenges
- Ability to structure / work on data exploration problems, with innovative approaches and creative solutions, leveraging strong reporting and data visualization skills
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty by prioritizing effectively and flexibly handling changes
- Able to work across different business units/countries to communicate findings company-wide
- Strong organization skills, and some ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Expert-level SQL knowledge
- Intermediate level Tableau knowledge
- Intermediate Business modeling skills using Excel
- Basic A/B testing knowledge
- Intermediate-level knowledge of big data tools / languages (Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Beginner level R, Python or other coding language
- Bachelor's in an analytical field (e.g., Marketing Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) and 4+ years of experience in data analytics OR Master of Science in an analytical field (e.g. Marketing Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) and 2+ years of experience
- 1+ years’ experience in either web/ travel industry or data consulting is preferred
- Background in relevant area – Finance/Strategy – is a strong plus
- Partner with internal stakeholders – both technical and non-technical – to answer complex business questions
- Through data mining and analysis, apply and implement hypotheses and recommendations of things we should change, leading to experiments that will confirm or deny those hypotheses and ultimately improve operations
- Be a Vrbo data guru - be the point of contact for all data questions and insights in your respective area
- Partner with key stakeholders to prioritize asks based on highest potential value added, and proactively drive initiatives from there.
- Work with the broader Analytics Platform team in an Agile model to implement self-service data products that will allow stakeholder teams to access accurate information directly and easily.
- Monitor key corporate and stakeholder specific metrics daily, quickly identifying areas of concern and proposing analyses and/or corrective actions
- Participate in weekly stakeholder team meetings to ensure insight-based decision making
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on Vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.