Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As an engineering manager at Medallia, you will be joining the team that is building the next generation Data Center Operating System, Infrastructure as a Service, and Platform as a Service to power Medallia’s growth and future. The resilient, scalable, and self-healing infrastructure and services will enable Medallia to continue to provide superb services to our customers
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- This team is responsible for the full lifecycle of the databases supporting our production environment, from architecture and technology choices, to implementation, to monitoring, to decommissioning
- Design and drive the execution plan for successfully delivering high quality output on time. You will be responsible for helping the team prioritize and plan
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company to align goals, roadmaps and commitments
- Build a high performing team. Hire and provide opportunities for team members to grow. Drive a focus on engineering and automation, with a focus on solving scale issues
- Drive best practices for database operations - understanding and driving tradeoffs, design goals, and approaches to ensure the team is setup to scale into the future
- You will act as a resource to the team and to the organization around database behavior and options, so a solid understanding of databases is critical
- You will help improve Medallia’s products by contributing database knowledge
- 5+ years experience working as a database administrator or engineer. Managers that have grown into it from a technical background are ideal
- Experience with postgres databases is good, experience with some SQL databases is necessary
- Experience with both relational database and key-value-store databases
- Experience with capacity management and performance tuning
- 2+ years of experience directly managing people in a front-line role, ideally with a distributed team in multiple time zones
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle using agile methodologies
- Worked at a a cloud or SaaS company, offering 24x7 support for mission critical databases
- Managed large scale - hundreds of databases for both production and development purposes
- Background with kubernetes, containers, and related technologies
- Public cloud background, specifically with database services
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.