Manager Digital Analytics Platform
Are you passionate about turning streaming data into actionable insights for the company? Can you design and develop a next generation real-time data pipeline and self-service analytics solution around event streams? Do you love to solve challenging problems at speed and scale? Do you want to work for a company that is product centric and data driven? Do you want to be a part of culture that fosters test & learn and OneTeam approach across the company? If so, this opportunity is a great fit for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of data and software engineers building large-scale data products to enable the Vrbo platform with real-time data, programmatic services, and advanced analytics
- Build partnerships with internal partners from engineering, product, data science, and business
- Provide thought leadership in data engineering, data management, and data analytics.
- Drive technical design and development for programmatic data solutions and real-time analytics.
Who You Are:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in a people management role leading a data engineering team
- Deep knowledge of data modeling and optimization strategies for analytical and NoSQL data stores
- Experience building data pipelines with data from event streams, on distributed data systems (AWS/Hadoop)
- Experience with all aspects of data systems, including database design, ETL/ELT, aggregation strategy, performance optimization, SQL
- Batch and/or stream processing experience using Spark, K-Streams, Flink
- Professional development experience in Scala/Java
- Familiarity developing and deploying RESTful API services
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.