Senior Big Data Developer - Programmatic Ads
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are looking for Senior Big Data Developers to join the Digital Platform Engineering team in support our growth marketing organization. Business teams use this data to make decisions around programmatic ads for display marketing spending to optimize the effectiveness of our marketing investments. In this role, you will use your expertise to help set up data pipelines that enable data scientists and analysts to make critical business decisions on advertising expenditure. You will also help expand our lead generation processes and support other growth marketing data needs.
What you’ll do:
- Challenges to work on:
- You will make use of state of the art data processing tools for handling growth focused marketing data.
- You will further the understanding of how the growth specific data is used and partner closely with analysts and data scientists to enable them to make the best use of the data.
- You will modernize and expand our existing marketing data products to utilize cloud based technologies.
- Contribute by experimentation to our growing ecosystem of state of the art tools.
- You will follow Agile processes to design, build, launch, and implement big data solutions. Specifically, build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to business partners.
- You perform data modeling and prepare data in databases for reporting through various analytics tools.
- You will build distributed batch-based and stream compute ETL data pipelines using technologies such as Java, Scala, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, and Amazon Web Services.
- You will foster partnerships with product management to implement and expand data connections for growth marketing purposes.
- You develop quality scalable, tested, and reliable data services using industry best practices.
- You can perform peer reviews for code developed by team members.
- Document and disseminate knowledge to team members and the wider organization.
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar and TeamCity.
What you will contribute:
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field and 6+ years of professional experience or Master’s degree in above mentioned fields and 3+ years of professional work experience.
- 5+ years professional application development utilizing Java and/or Scala languages.
- 3+ years experience working on modern big data technologies to include Hadoop, Hive QL or knowledge of other similar platforms.
- 5+ years in data warehouse solutions using SQL and RDBMS such as SQL Server, MySQL, or Oracle.
- 5+ years involved in high-level design including defining coding standards, tools, and platforms.
- 2+ years working on Batch and Stream processing using Spark and Kafka.
- 2+ years with ETL Pipeline development on AWS using EMR and S3.
- 2+ years in OLAP cube development (SSAS).
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.