Software Engineer - MLDP at Expedia Group
The Machine Learning and Data Processing API team works with Expedia Group’s voluminous data stores and cutting-edge technologies to create internal products that are used throughout Expedia Group. We are a lean, fast-paced team that loves engaging directly with our customers to deliver products that solve their varied needs.
We produce APIs with the goal of empowering partners to unlock the power of their models and data sets. We work diligently with teams across our organization to implement and maintain repeatable standards and systems.
What you’ll do:
- You will collaborate with team members to co-develop and solve problems.
- You will take advantage of opportunities to build new technical expertise in a specific engineering area.
- You will seek knowledge from subject matter experts when needed.
- You understand the importance of system and technology integration and the basic features and facilities involved in the integration process.
- You will develop and test standard software applications and related programs and procedures to ensure they meet design requirements.
- You will apply knowledge of database design to solve data requirements.
- You will helps coordinate stakeholder input and collaboration efforts when developing solutions to issues.
- You will think broadly and understand how, why and when policies/processes are standardized and when they differ across the organization.
- You will execute tasks and/or provides data to support implementation of holistic solutions that forge linkages between structure, people, process and technology.
- You can apply formal training methods to current workload. You feel comfortable challenging authority/the status quo.
- You report clearly on current work status. You ask challenging questions when empowered to do so.
Who you are:
- Equivalent experience includes:
- Developing software in a team environment of at least 5 engineers (agile, version control, etc.)
- Building and maintaining a software project/product in production environments in public/hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Strength in Java, familiarity with scripting technologies, Docker and containerization technologies, streaming technologies, and distributed architectures
- Familiarity with API access patterns and integration.
- Familiarity with associated technologies within your specialization as part of the wider ecosystem.
- Willingness to learn and understand new systems.
- Ability to provide thoughtful and thorough code reviews.
- Understanding of how projects fit together within your team.
- Ability to test and monitor your own code.
- Understanding of testing and monitoring tools.
- Ability to debug live applications.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com