Job Description:As a Design Technologist for HomeAway’s Global Experience Design Group, you are the kind of person that makes exceptional user experiences come to life. You blend UX design and engineering expertise into a single progressive discipline. At HomeAway you will define the best practices and solutions for multiple types of technologies and platforms with an emphasis on responsive web prototyping. Design Technologists work hand-in-hand with our Experience Designers to conceptualize and define the user experience, while partnering with the engineering teams to deliver great experiences and patterns for HomeAway travelers and suppliers. As part of the Global Experience Design team, you’ll be empowered and challenged to tap the full range of your skills while also being in an environment of growth and learning to develop new skills.
Is this you?
- You will design and develop technology assets, interactions, motion behaviors and highly finessed experiences for A/B tests and usability tests.
- You will work closely with the Experience Design team members and technology partners to develop prototypes and presentation layer experiences.
- You will provide technical guidance and support for implementation.
- You will participate in both creative and technical evaluations, brainstorms and discussions.
- You will develop a systemic point of view to problem solving and pattern development, while contributing to the development of a signature HomeAway pattern library.
- You are a champion for the team and by working hard, respectfully and humbly, you earn trust and respect from your colleagues and managers.
- You are highly versed and skilled in responsive web (native mobile a plus).
- You don’t believe hierarchies make you a better design technologists, but you want to be rewarded and acknowledged for your great work.
- You are equal part interaction designer and developer.
- You exemplify the design technology role and inspire others by leading a great example.
- MS or BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent industry experience.
- 5 years experience as a key member of a UI/UX design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle.
- Expert proficiency implementing both macro- and micro-interactions.
- Expert level proficiency with video and audio media for the web.
- Native Mobile IOS or Android a plus.
- Expert level knowledge of SEO trends and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills including strong verbal, listening and written communication.
- An eye for detail and a desire for performance and craftsmanship.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates detail and attention to typography, layout, color, image and motion behaviors.