The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Curriculum team delivers high-quality educational content to tens of thousands of visitors daily. The Curriculum team seeks to become an industry leader in creating delightful, interactive curriculum helping MongoDB learners of all levels and backgrounds acquire new skills with ease.
The curriculum designer is in charge of translating a defined learning standard into engaging, pedagogically-sound curricula. They are responsible for structuring curricula around research-validated content delivery frameworks to achieve outcomes efficiently, effectively, and with high learner satisfaction. They will additionally be responsible for identifying issues with existing curricula and formulating solutions based around the frameworks employed in the current delivery of the content.
This is an excellent opportunity for educators who are looking to extend their impact beyond the classroom by changing the lives of thousands of people daily and who are excited by the prospect of changing the world of education forever with their findings.The ideal candidate
- Possesses a thorough understanding of a wide range of content delivery and curriculum design frameworks
- Has demonstrated experience creating engaging educational experiences
- Has experience using backward design techniques to quickly break down a learning standard into a comprehensive set of actionable learning objectives
- Is able to quickly develop highly-effective, innovative evaluation types for learning objectives at all levels of understanding
- Is able to pick up unfamiliar technical concepts with ease
- Values a highly-collaborative environment, being at ease giving and receiving feedback and instructing team members of all background
- Has completed courses on MongoDB University
- Experience with computer science / programming curriculum design
- Experience with web-based education curriculum design
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with a programming language
- Apply learning science principles to the development of educational content
- Manage the educational content development process from brainstorming to beta testing
- Provide feedback on product descriptions, online courses, and materials for instructor-led training
- Collborate with curriculum engineers and subject matter experts to help them improve their course and training content
- Collaborate with curriculum service engineers to ensure that students are engaged in published courses
- Design updates to existing curricula based on supplied performance data
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.