Senior UX Designer at Vrbo
As a Senior Designer for Vrbo’s Global Experience Design Group, you’ll thrive at the intersection of the user, data, technology and design. You’ll place a deep focus on user insight to help you keenly understand user experience problems and opportunities. That understanding enables you to craft compelling solutions that are intuitive, thoughtful, simple and delightful. If you thrive in a positive environment where you’re surrounded by an encouraging, hardworking and passionate design community who inspire each other to take their craft to the next level, then keep reading.
What You’ll Do:
- You tap data to innovate big ideas, but your portfolio shows that small details and taste are just as important to you.
- You develop clear design strategies for how, what and when to test an experience.
- You transform business problems into user experience opportunities, ultimately designing, testing and launching usable, useful and delightful solutions
- You mentor designers and inspire the team by leading a great example.
- You demonstrate tried and true practices, but when necessary you invent the new standard.
- You bring a systemic point of view to problem solving, yet you know how to isolate specific design issues and opportunities.
- You identify, investigate and validate design problems within multi-disciplinary teams.
- You are a champion for the team and by working hard, respectfully and humbly, you earn trust and respect from your colleagues and managers.
- You are constantly sketching and exploring the spectrum of possibility.
- You prototype your ideas and get them in front of users so you can learn and iterate towards excellence.
- You are the difference that moves good to great.
- You aren’t limited by device or platform, yet you are versed in responsive web and native mobile.
- You don’t believe hierarchies make you a better designer, but you want to be rewarded and acknowledged for your great work.
- You are equal part Interaction Designer, Visual Designer and Prototyper.
Who You Are:
- MFA, BFA or BS in Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience.
- 5 plus years of experience in web (responsive desired), native mobile, product, graphic, interaction or information design.
- In depth knowledge of design principles and experience simplifying complex systems.
- Extensive knowledge in multi-screen layout, final production art, information design, typography, color, composition, flows and UI specifications.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote or other visual design, wire-framing and prototyping tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in an agile team environment.
- Strong portfolio that you’re proud of.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.