The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
About the team
We partner with teams across MongoDB to help produce visually impactful, consistent, and inspiring physical and digital experiences for customers at every level.
You should have a strong understanding of both digital and print design and are comfortable working independently and in collaboration with other designers and teams across MongoDB. You are a well-rounded designer with your own voice and vision who knows when to follow and recommend extending visual design systems. You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative and creative environment. You love to solve complex visual problems and possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Produce high quality design work for a broad range of deliverables, including, but not limited to, advertisements, collateral, illustration and presentations
- Create impactful environmental design for large scale conference and event graphics
- Ensure print production best practices no matter the size or material
- Extend current design systems with ease
- Build Illustrations and icons within the visual design system for collateral and presentations
- Represent complex technical ideas in visually consistent and interesting ways
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- A stellar portfolio that demonstrates creative range and conceptual thinking
- Superior communication skills. You can rationalize your design decisions and articulate your thoughts clearly
- Passion for design and excitement for all projects big and small
- Ability to produce quality work in short timeframes and manage time efficiently
- Strong understanding of design fundamentals, including typography, layout, composition, and color theory.
- Extensive knowledge of the adobe creative suite, sketch
- Ambitious, proactive, conceptual and honest
Bonus points for
- Motion graphics / animation skills or 3D
- Proficiency in Powerpoint or Google Slides
- Passion for illustration
- Prior work for events and large scale environmental design
- Personable. Being either introverted or extroverted is fine, but this person must be able to work with roles from all functions and strongly advocate for expressing user needs through design
- Being comfortable with ambiguity and continuous feedback
- Intellectual curiosity, always asking, “how can we improve?”
- Cares deeply about the impact of their work
- Has a positive, resourceful mentality, looking for ways to get things done instead of listing all the potential blockers
- Desire to always improve self, others and the experience our customers receive
- Demonstrates humility, as the best ideas for product design may often come from others on the team
- Firmly held beliefs are confidently expressed but can change based on new evidence
Why design at MongoDB?
- We value doing what’s best for each other, for the team and for the community
- We encourage open, honest, authentic communication that’s always respectful
- We believe that good ideas come from everywhere and that we are the facilitators of great design vs. the sole creators of design
- We give each designer appropriate autonomy and ownership over their designs and encourage everyone to bring their big ideas to the table
- We have a strong design feedback culture, but are embedded in small close knit teams
- We like to have fun
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.