Big Data Engineer
HomeAway,based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia,Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacationrental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits,especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotelaccommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners andproperty managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
Buildand launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to businesspartners. Work with multiple teams in HomeAway in understanding their DataAnalytics Requirements. Build distributed batch and stream compute ETL datapipelines for the requirement using the following technologies: Scala, Python,Spark, Hadoop, Hive and Amazon Web Services. Perform data modeling and preparedata in databases for reporting through various analytics tools. Document anddisseminate knowledge to team members and the wider organization. Perform peerreview for the code developed by team members. Provide fixes for bugs arisingout the Production and Test environment. Collaborate and validateimplementation with Data Analytics team and other technical team members. Set-upproper data governance and quality across the Data Analytics department and thebusiness.
Bachelor's degree incomputer science, computer engineering, or a related field and 3 year ofexperience in data analytics OR Masters degree in computer science, computerengineering, or a related field with 1 year of industry experience.
- 2+year experience in Scala
- 2+year experience in Spark
- 1+year experience with relational SQL or NoSQL databases
- 1+year experience with cloud services (AWS)
- Familiaritywith continuous integration and delivery
- Familiaritywith software development methods and techniques
- Experienceworking within an agile framework
- Strongcommunication skills
- Competitive health and insurancebenefits.
- Annualtarget bonus or commission.
- Paidvacation and sick time.
- Vacationrental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- EmployeeStock Purchase Program.
- Freesnacks and beverages.
- Frequentcompany update talks with our leadership team.
- Freelisting on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic,adjustable stand-up desk.
- DiscountedMetro & Rail pass.
We arean equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do notdiscriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.