The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
- Understand infrastructure for a global multi-cloud service that comprises hundreds of thousands of MongoDB clusters, processes a billion metrics per day, and replicates tens of billions of database writes to our backup service
- Manually access infrastructure to gather requested information and evidence
- Dig into code bases (chef, java, go) to gather requested information
- Become an expert in MongoDB infrastructure, helping us address questions from external auditors and internal compliance teams
- Drive improvements in scaling evidence gathering
- Craft scopes and specifications for information gathering automation
- Experience working with compliance and assurance teams
- In depth understanding of at least one compliance framework
- Experience gathering evidence for audits
- An understanding of information security issues
- An understanding of why compliance adds value to an organization and the control language used by compliance teams and auditors
- Experience with at least one of the major cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Compute, Microsoft Azure)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience running and maintaining systems in a Linux environment
- Firm grasp of at least one modern programming language, beyond basic scripting, Python and/or Go preferred
- Proven experience working with configuration management frameworks (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Terraform)
- Experience writing automation tools & eagerness to "automate all the things"
- Experience writing and troubleshooting automation in large cloud systems
- Experience writing automation sending data to or syncing data with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence or other ticketing tools
This role will be based remotely in the North America region.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws