At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are currently seeking an Education Engineer to join Elastic. The successful candidate will join Elastic's Federal Training Team to support our largest Department of Defence customers across the U.S. and internationally. An active U.S. Federal security clearance would be advantageous, or the willingness and ability to obtain one essential, as you'll be traveling for this position to deliver engagements onsite with customers in the U.S. Federal space.
If you are an experienced security practitioner who has worked in roles such as security analyst, incident handler, or security engineer, have used the Elastic Stack to enable security analytics processes and operations, enjoy helping mentor and share your learned knowledge with others in an engaging manner, and love Elasticsearch and its ecosystem, then please apply and meet our team.
A successful candidate is happy working on your own initiative and does not require micro-management. Most of the team works remotely, and we are happy to consider you wherever you live. Do you want to see the world? Do you want to meet lots of new people and teach engineers how to use Elasticsearch? Come join us at Elastic!What You Will Be Doing:
- Becoming an expert in Elastic products, keeping up to date on changes/releases, and relaying that knowledge in the form of content development, training instruction, educational material, meetups, and conferences
- Learning, creating and presenting compelling courses in extremely technical concepts clearly and concisely to large audiences in a way that fully engages our customers
- Convey domain specific knowledge in security analytics regarding the integration of security tools and the Elastic Stack.
- Collaborate with development teams and engineering to create and update existing course materials and documentation
- Creating new courses in the domain of security analytics, liaising with instructors and other subject matter experts
- Having ability to work on your own initiative with fanatical attention to detail
- A minimum of 5 years experience working as an engineer, analyst, or integrator with security analytics.
- Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to large audiences on enterprise security analytics solutions to engineers, developers and other technical positions
- BS in Computer Science or related Information Security / Cybersecurity field
- In depth knowledge in specific security disciplines such as threat hunting, forensics, and intrusion analysis.
- Information Security and Cybersecurity certifications
- Specialized training in Information Security and Cybersecurity
- Deep understanding of Elasticsearch and/or Lucene, including Elastic Certified Engineer certification
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
- Experience in curriculum development for enterprise search or databases
- Knowledge of Java and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with distributed systems
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Double your charitable giving - we match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected] Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at [email protected] We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which your skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement.