Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. We seek to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of WP Engine employees believe you will be made to feel welcome here. Be you. Be here.What's cool about this job.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a rapidly growing, fast-paced team that is solving the fundamental problems of Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) at a large scale. Use your IAM background to influence our CIAM strategy, solving customer issues like Single Sign-On. The role is results-oriented and exciting, and the work is multifaceted. You will set standards for other teams to follow; build a unified identity system for all our customer interfaces, on the web or the command line; and work in an agile, fast-paced environment using the cloud-native technologies in Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services.The day to day.
- Technical expertise and leadership in the implementation of identity management, single sign-on, role based access control, multi-factor authentication and associated identity and access management services
- Guide others on standard methodologies when integrating with Okta
- Provide technical assistance with the on-boarding of new connected systems
- Support critical CIAM issues from our customer experience team
- Administer Okta and maintain design, configuration, and operational process documentation
- Automate manual IAM tasks using tools and languages including Python and Go.
- Implement standard methodologies for identity governance and administration
- You have a DevOps mentality, understanding the teamwork and collaboration required to achieve objectives including Agile and Continuous Delivery methodologies
- You understand IAM workflows and access governance
- You show a proven understanding of IAM standards, protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect (OIDC), SAML, Federation, SSO, and Multi-factor authentication
- You know how to secure customer APIs and the systems that support API security such as API gateways and microservices
- You have performed identity system administration with tools like Okta, Ping Identity, Active Directory, ForgeRock, etc., and have mentored team members with tying applications into Okta and other IAM systems
- You've produced operational training and runbooks for identity services
- You can analyze business needs and propose suitable solutions for IAM initiatives like Identity Management, SSO, and access control
- Okta Developer Certification is a bonus
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off?)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
Here at WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.