As an Infrastructure Automation Engineer I , you will be a part of the global and diverse team that automates the server, storage, and virtualization infrastructure for Expedia Group. This is a continually growing state of the art company with growing hybrid cloud initiatives.
In this role you will encompass system, storage, networking, and VMware administration automation design, implementation, documentation, and support using various coding languages. It entails DevOps and development of automation for our infrastructure teams at EG. There will be heavy emphasis on coding with various languages using agile methodology. Sound like a place to flex your current skills and continue to learn more? Consider EG!
What you will do
- Maintain and expand upon hybrid cloud server lifecycle management
- Automation of Networking and SAN/NAS management, monitoring, and solving problems within a highly distributed heterogeneous environment
- Implement cloud-like provisioning/decommissioning of resources
- Research and recommend innovative automated approaches for implementation tasks associated with IT infrastructure
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams for automation
- Utilize Linux/Windows, Programming and Scripting, Code development tools
Who you are
- Programming languages such as Java
- 2+ year(s) experience with common development tools such as Github, Jenkins, Docker, Splunk
- 3+ year(s) experience with Windows and Linux Operation Systems
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum processes
- Familiarity with containerization technology such as Marathon Mesos, Kubernetes and VMware
- Basic knowledge of SAN, NAS, FC, NFS, CIFS, RAID
- Basic knowledge of configuration management preferably Chef
- Basic understanding of AWS infrastructure offerings
- Prefer someone with an automation first mindset
- Infrastructure as code is a nice to have (Terraform)
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.