Integrated Operations Center Engineer - Security
CLEAR makes life easier and more secure by using biometrics – your fingerprints, eyes and face – to confirm that you are you, and keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
We are seeking a security focused IOC Engineer to support CLEAR’s continued growth. This role will focus on continuous monitoring, incident handling and infrastructure maintenance.
What You Will Do:
- Drive incident response including coordinating resources to focus on restoring service and managing incident communications
- Collaborate with SREs, Infrastructure Engineers and Cyber Security Engineers to create and execute runbooks that support secure, reliable, high availability environments
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues in high traffic and public facing websites, applications and services
- Design, build, and implement automation to prevent operational issues for all services in production
- Manage alerts, including responding to alerts, creating new alerts, and tuning existing alerts
- Develop, manage, and execute work plans for changes and maintenances
- Review logs and investigate any anomalies
Who You Are:
- You have experience supporting high traffic and public facing websites, applications, and services
- You have heavily utilized scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python or Ruby) in your toolkit
- You possess exceptional communication skills - written and verbal and are able to communicate cross functionally with both technical and non technical audiences
- You love problem solving and thrive in environments of both high collaboration and strong autonomy
- You understand industry security standards and best practices or have supported a security team previously.
- You have 3+ years of experience working with and troubleshooting Linux operating systems
- You have worked with monitoring and alerting tools (ex. Nagios, Grafana, Signal Fx, PagerDuty, Datadog)